The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

How Awesome was The Dark Knight Rises?

100% Awesome
201
55%
90% Awesome
90
25%
80% Awesome
35
10%
70% Awesome
16
4%
60% Awesome
6
2%
50% Awesome
2
1%
40% Awesome
2
1%
30% Awesome
0
No votes
20% Awesome
1
0%
10% Awesome
0
No votes
0% Awesome
10
3%
 
Total votes: 363

Posts: 120
Joined: August 2012
Location: Blissful Unaware
Skyab23 wrote:
Bacon wrote:My uncle, who didn't like TDK, loved this.
What's so odd is...I've spoken to average everyday people, not movie lovers like ourselves, and I've heard a handful of people say that they didn't like TDK all that much, but liked this one moreso. I'm not really sure what that says, IMO it means they have bad taste in films, but I know a lot of people here prefer TDKR over TDK as well so, there you go.

TDK requires too much thought. A lot is hidden beneath the plot itself and not everyone will get the messages, as opposed to TDKR, which is more mainstream and upfront in its delivery. The philosophy and etc. are hidden behind the explosions and such.

User avatar
Posts: 12885
Joined: February 2011
Mr. Caine wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:90%

Nolan's worst and most flawed film in the last ten years. Very good start and a great third act, but what happens in the middle is barely as impressive.
Are you glad you weren't as exposed to all the marketing/hype as most have?
Absolutely, it was a very long and hard time (Which for me took 4 months more than others) but it certainly worth the effort. Because the film is far from a disappointment. Even though it left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know what it is, I just have a weird feeling that something is not right. I loved the film but it feels like something didn't work and I'm still trying to figure it out.

User avatar
Posts: 42705
Joined: May 2010
Master Virgo wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote: Are you glad you weren't as exposed to all the marketing/hype as most have?
Absolutely, it was a very long and hard time (Which for me took 4 months more than others) but it certainly worth the effort. Because the film is far from a disappointment. Even though it left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know what it is, I just have a weird feeling that something is not right. I loved the film but it feels like something didn't work and I'm still trying to figure it out.
I think I know what it is.

User avatar
Posts: 10452
Joined: January 2011
Location: Waiting for a train
Master Virgo wrote:90%

Nolan's worst and most flawed film in the last ten years. Very good start and a great third act, but what happens in the middle is barely as impressive.
I'm so happy that you have finally seen it.
Image
Image

User avatar
Posts: 12885
Joined: February 2011
the_red_ninja wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:90%

Nolan's worst and most flawed film in the last ten years. Very good start and a great third act, but what happens in the middle is barely as impressive.
I'm so happy that you have finally seen it.
Image
Thanks, yeah I was getting crazy. These last few weeks were the toughest.

User avatar
Posts: 3470
Joined: October 2011
Location: Bates Motel
Master Virgo wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote: Are you glad you weren't as exposed to all the marketing/hype as most have?
Absolutely, it was a very long and hard time (Which for me took 4 months more than others) but it certainly worth the effort. Because the film is far from a disappointment. Even though it left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know what it is, I just have a weird feeling that something is not right. I loved the film but it feels like something didn't work and I'm still trying to figure it out.
its the pace and intensity for each
scene in the dark knight not to forget joker the great , same in tdk rises is missing, i think movie is good but not great.

User avatar
Posts: 26288
Joined: February 2010
Location: Texas
Does anyone else feel like this:

I think my love for TDKR increases between viewings even more than it did with repeat viewings of TDK. You know what I mean?

I didn't think I'd appreciate this film more every time I watch it, because the exact opposite is true for me whenever I watch Inception, but I do. It has flaws, editing issues and some awkward moments, but I just admire the scale and depth of the filmmaking and the story itself more and more.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Posts: 3
Joined: December 2012
100% on first viewing.
80% on second viewing.

I kind of realised the pacing issues and got a little bored of getting to the good parts.

Apart from that, it's still pretty good.

User avatar
Posts: 26288
Joined: February 2010
Location: Texas
Master Virgo wrote:90%

Nolan's worst and most flawed film in the last ten years. Very good start and a great third act, but what happens in the middle is barely as impressive.
Virgo, I'm glad you finally got to see it despite the amount of time you had to wait.

But I've gotta say, TDKR gets better and better for me with multiple viewings. There are many annoyances and errors, but for some reason, the flaws seem so much less prominent now, and just the grand scale and ambition of the film is enough to admire. Watching the entire trilogy together helps a lot too. I hope you get another chance to see it and look at it this way.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

User avatar
Posts: 268
Joined: May 2011
Location: Neo Kobe
A lot of great stuff, but it's not the sum of it's parts thanks to the pacing and editing, particularly in the first act after the plane scene. 80% with the other two at 90 and Memento and The Prestige being my current 100 per centers.

Post Reply