The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

How Awesome was The Dark Knight Rises?

100% Awesome
55%
90% Awesome
25%
80% Awesome
10%
70% Awesome
4%
60% Awesome
2%
50% Awesome
1%
40% Awesome
1%
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
0%
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
3%

Total votes: 366

Falls short of the perfection that is The Dark Knight. But I suppose this movie was never going to top that as Heath Ledger, bless his soul is no longer with us. Still loved Bane though.

9/10

jimmytwotime wrote:I suppose this movie was never going to top that as Heath Ledger, bless his soul is no longer with us
I still don't get why people rate TDKR depending on an actor who is not in the movie. Rate it for what it is, not for what it should be.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
jimmytwotime wrote:I suppose this movie was never going to top that as Heath Ledger, bless his soul is no longer with us
I still don't get why people rate TDKR depending on an actor who is not in the movie. Rate it for what it is, not for what it should be.
I agree. Personally, I think both Heath and Hardy were excellent in their roles, but I'd never compare them or the movies as "which one was better." Each character/movie was wonderfully different from each other. Do I have a preference between the two movies or even the three in the trilogy? Sure, but that doesn't mean one movie was better than another--all three had unique and interesting differences that make them success individually or as a connected story line. I was just more drawn to TDKR because of Bane's character, just as some were more drawn to TDK because of the Joker's character. To each his own. :)

TDKR lacked the spark of Heath Ledger's Joker who absolutely 100% made TDK. TDKR felt very soulless without him. Hardy did his best but his character wasn't even half as interesting as The Joker was.

gaspernoe wrote:TDKR lacked the spark of Heath Ledger's Joker who absolutely 100% made TDK. TDKR felt very soulless without him. Hardy did his best but his character wasn't even half as interesting as The Joker was.
:facepalm:

gaspernoe wrote:TDKR lacked the spark of Heath Ledger's Joker who absolutely 100% made TDK. TDKR felt very soulless without him. Hardy did his best but his character wasn't even half as interesting as The Joker was.
Terrible.

Well you do realize there is a reason JOKER always features to the top of every villain list right?? Joker has lot of room for both writing and acting therefore you got better character.

Bane is restricted character IMO but what Nolan and Hardy still provided was phenomenal (He was strong, He was intelligent, He was military strategist, Brute) what else could you ask for??

You guys know I'm right :-D But be serious, nothing was EVER going to come close to Heath's performance. It was the acting performance of the decade. Even a merely good performance from Hardy (which he gave) was going to look weaksauce when compared Ledger's iconic performance.

Just saw it again last night and this morning. I'm keeping my rating the same, simply because I still haven't given it time. Catwoman's still as awesome as the first viewing, and I particularly love the scenes where she, Bane, and Bat are onscreen together. I agree with everyone who says her role wasn't crucial to the plot, but I still enjoy her presence. Despite the logical inconsistencies that I missed on theater viewing, I think it's stood up well after all these months. :clap: