The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

How Awesome was The Dark Knight Rises?

100% Awesome
201
56%
90% Awesome
89
25%
80% Awesome
35
10%
70% Awesome
16
4%
60% Awesome
6
2%
50% Awesome
2
1%
40% Awesome
2
1%
30% Awesome
0
No votes
20% Awesome
1
0%
10% Awesome
0
No votes
0% Awesome
10
3%
 
Total votes: 362

Posts: 586
Joined: February 2012
Location: Illinois
Mr. Caine wrote:Image
These are all hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing! The only time I stopped laughing was the Jurassic Park one, when I immediately got very serious and stopped.

User avatar
Posts: 4395
Joined: July 2012
Location: Here, there, what's the difference?
juliansplat4 wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote:Image
These are all hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing! The only time I stopped laughing was the Jurassic Park one, when I immediately got very serious and stopped.
I find it to be the funniest.

User avatar
Posts: 3855
Joined: June 2010
80%
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Posts: 1338
Joined: December 2011
Location: Alabama
I voted 90% on opening night but after seeing it twice more I just don't think its as good as I thought it was which I HATE to say. I honestly feel like its half a movie. The pacing is just not that great since the edited so much out and Marion was very subpar in my opinion. I feel like Alfred and Bruce's interactions in the Batcave were a bit...campy isn't the word but they were not as believable as the rest of Alfred/Bruce interaction throughout the series. Hardy and JGL were both great. Hathaway was great. Parts of the story were great.

I just felt like it was so utterly stripped down and it bothers me more every time I see it. I'd go with 70% now.

User avatar
Posts: 1957
Joined: August 2012
So you enjoyed yourself then?

Posts: 1338
Joined: December 2011
Location: Alabama
slimshady247 wrote:So you enjoyed yourself then?
I assume you're talking to me. To answer your question I did. It was a fantastic movie and was well done, I just feel like it wasn't as well done as the other ones. I feel like this one had more holes and fallacies than the other too, granted it was a fantastic huge ending and some of the problems stem from having to execute that. I guess for me I just feel like it could have been so much more than it was even though it was so good. The problem is the normal audience won't sit through 3.5 hours worth of movie, whereas most people on NF would gladly sit through 6 hours of Nolan-ness in order for the story to be more complete.

I know all my gripes seem really small and nitpicky but after both of the first 2 (especially TDK) conveying their themes and motifs so clearly, I feel like this one was less successful in doing so strictly because it was to much movie for 2:45. Don't get me wrong, I love the movie, these are just the things I don't like. I guarantee my list of things I do like is far longer.

User avatar
Posts: 8282
Joined: May 2012
Location: The Island, NY
Nolanoscopy wrote:I voted 90% on opening night but after seeing it twice more I just don't think its as good as I thought it was which I HATE to say. I honestly feel like its half a movie. The pacing is just not that great since the edited so much out and Marion was very subpar in my opinion. I feel like Alfred and Bruce's interactions in the Batcave were a bit...campy isn't the word but they were not as believable as the rest of Alfred/Bruce interaction throughout the series. Hardy and JGL were both great. Hathaway was great. Parts of the story were great.

I just felt like it was so utterly stripped down and it bothers me more every time I see it. I'd go with 70% now.
Welcome back Nolanoscopy!

Posts: 1338
Joined: December 2011
Location: Alabama
Red Hood wrote:
Nolanoscopy wrote:I voted 90% on opening night but after seeing it twice more I just don't think its as good as I thought it was which I HATE to say. I honestly feel like its half a movie. The pacing is just not that great since the edited so much out and Marion was very subpar in my opinion. I feel like Alfred and Bruce's interactions in the Batcave were a bit...campy isn't the word but they were not as believable as the rest of Alfred/Bruce interaction throughout the series. Hardy and JGL were both great. Hathaway was great. Parts of the story were great.

I just felt like it was so utterly stripped down and it bothers me more every time I see it. I'd go with 70% now.
Welcome back Nolanoscopy!

I appreciate the welcome back! College isn't leaving me near as much time to read NF. It's disappoint--

Posts: 94
Joined: October 2012
100% awesome!! :clap:


.... or maybe 99% awesome.... More shirtless Bane scenes would've been nice..

User avatar
Posts: 2070
Joined: August 2012
Location: The Wasteland

Post Reply