The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

How Awesome was The Dark Knight Rises?

100% Awesome
55%
90% Awesome
25%
80% Awesome
10%
70% Awesome
4%
60% Awesome
2%
50% Awesome
1%
40% Awesome
1%
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
0%
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
3%

Total votes: 366

I voted 90%. I have to wait for the DVD/Bluray to come out until I give my final opinion, as my theater experience was somewhat unsatisfactory. I'll have to watch it alone several times, like I did with Batman Begins, to see how I like it.

Frogger08 wrote:I voted 90%. I have to wait for the DVD/Bluray to come out until I give my final opinion, as my theater experience was somewhat unsatisfactory. I'll have to watch it alone several times, like I did with Batman Begins, to see how I like it.
Unsatisfactory. How high did you set your expectations?

83% of the voters so far have given it either a 90% or 100%. :thumbup:

07202012 wrote:
Frogger08 wrote:I voted 90%. I have to wait for the DVD/Bluray to come out until I give my final opinion, as my theater experience was somewhat unsatisfactory. I'll have to watch it alone several times, like I did with Batman Begins, to see how I like it.
Unsatisfactory. How high did you set your expectations?

I say unsatisfactory because of the distraction by loud moviegoers behind me. Also, it takes me several viewings to understand all the elements of a complicated film, and since TDKR is over two and a half hours, I didn't understand everything, mainly
the prologue and why the guy was being kidnapped. I know it has something to do with the bomb but couldn't connect anything beyond that
. My expectations going in were very high, as I'd basically mapped out the film from the trailers and clips we were shown during the promo campaign. It's not that I expected a better movie, just a slightly different one. I still thought it was phenomonal, though.

Frogger08 wrote:
07202012 wrote: Unsatisfactory. How high did you set your expectations?

I say unsatisfactory because of the distraction by loud moviegoers behind me. Also, it takes me several viewings to understand all the elements of a complicated film, and since TDKR is over two and a half hours, I didn't understand everything, mainly
the prologue and why the guy was being kidnapped. I know it has something to do with the bomb but couldn't connect anything beyond that
. My expectations going in were very high, as I'd basically mapped out the film from the trailers and clips we were shown during the promo campaign. It's not that I expected a better movie, just a slightly different one. I still thought it was phenomonal, though.
See a matinee one afternoon. Few people will be there and you can really watch the movie. SOrry this happened to you, that sucks.
Brave New World

inexistence wrote:VERY VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ AND SPREAD THE WORD. VERY VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ.

CHRISTOPHER NOLAN IS THE BIGGEST LYING THIEVING A - HOLE . HE NOR HIS BROTHER WROTE THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. THE MOVIE WAS WRITTEN BY A GUY WHO LIVES IN ENGLAND. THEY STOLE THE MOVIE SCRIPT. THE GUY WHO WROTE IT ADDED IN A LINE WHERE IS THE DWP GUY. DWP STANDS FOR DEPARTMENT OF WORKS AND PENSIONS . THIS IS AN ENGLISH CIVIL SERVICE GOVERNMENT CORPORATION (CHECK DWP.GOV.UK) THIS GUY IS UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. IF YOU WATCH THE THE DARK KNIGHT 2ND FILM YOU WILL REALIZE THAT HE DID SAME THING. HE LEFT VERY SUBTLE CLUES IN ALL OF THE SCRIPTS HE WROTE. THE GUY WHO WROTE IT WAS VERY VERY ILL AT THE TIME OF WRITING - I AM NOT GOING TO GO INTO DETAIL BUT EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THE TRUTH. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. NOLANS ARE LIARS AND THIEVES . I AM TELLING YOU THE TRUTH AND I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP. PLEASE PLEASE SPREAD THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE, JOURNALISTS, TEACHERS POLITICIANS POLICE ANYONE AT ALL. THIS IS THE TRUTH ABOUT THE FILMS AND ABOUT THE NOLANS, THEY ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES TO HAVE DONE THIS OTHER FILM MAKERS HAVE DONE THIS AS WELL. THE TRUTH CANNOT STAY HIDDEN ANY LONGER.

Banned.

inexistence wrote:VERY VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ AND SPREAD THE WORD. VERY VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ.

CHRISTOPHER NOLAN IS THE BIGGEST LYING THIEVING A - HOLE . HE NOR HIS BROTHER WROTE THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. THE MOVIE WAS WRITTEN BY A GUY WHO LIVES IN ENGLAND. THEY STOLE THE MOVIE SCRIPT. THE GUY WHO WROTE IT ADDED IN A LINE WHERE IS THE DWP GUY. DWP STANDS FOR DEPARTMENT OF WORKS AND PENSIONS . THIS IS AN ENGLISH CIVIL SERVICE GOVERNMENT CORPORATION (CHECK DWP.GOV.UK) THIS GUY IS UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. IF YOU WATCH THE THE DARK KNIGHT 2ND FILM YOU WILL REALIZE THAT HE DID SAME THING. HE LEFT VERY SUBTLE CLUES IN ALL OF THE SCRIPTS HE WROTE. THE GUY WHO WROTE IT WAS VERY VERY ILL AT THE TIME OF WRITING - I AM NOT GOING TO GO INTO DETAIL BUT EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THE TRUTH. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. NOLANS ARE LIARS AND THIEVES . I AM TELLING YOU THE TRUTH AND I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP. PLEASE PLEASE SPREAD THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE, JOURNALISTS, TEACHERS POLITICIANS POLICE ANYONE AT ALL. THIS IS THE TRUTH ABOUT THE FILMS AND ABOUT THE NOLANS, THEY ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES TO HAVE DONE THIS OTHER FILM MAKERS HAVE DONE THIS AS WELL. THE TRUTH CANNOT STAY HIDDEN ANY LONGER.
You said it so it must be true.

Let me guess, we shouldn't read this unless we want to be kissed on the nearest possible Friday by the love of our lives? :roll:

This board needs a better class of fucking idiot.

50% Awesome
Nolan's worst effort by far.
Didn't even feel like a Nolan film.