The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

How Awesome was The Dark Knight Rises?

100% Awesome
55%
90% Awesome
25%
80% Awesome
10%
70% Awesome
4%
60% Awesome
2%
50% Awesome
1%
40% Awesome
1%
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
0%
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
3%

Total votes: 366

Bane to me, was a fantastic villain. Hardy absolutely nailed the character and I was, to my surprise, terrified of him. From this standpoint, Bane was probably my favorite villain.

However, I would have liked to have seen A LOT more of him in this movie. The movie truly came alive when it Bane was on screen or Bane & Batman.

Let me ask you this, did you think Bane had as much of a presence (or screen time?) to you as Ra's Al Ghul or the Joker to you in this movie? I understand the need to switch things up at times, but I really felt Bane was quite good and he was underutilized in this movie. In that sense, he was the "worst".

I would have liked a plot that was much more central around Batman and Bane instead of all the side plots going on with JGL, Talia, & Selina Kyle. Perhaps I shouldn't have said Kyle and in addition the others had no purpose, but I think they all had a minor purpose in this movie that could have been worked around without those characters.

Chris435 wrote:Bane to me, was a fantastic villain. Hardy absolutely nailed the character and I was, to my surprise, terrified of him. From this standpoint, Bane was probably my favorite villain.

However, I would have liked to have seen A LOT more of him in this movie. The movie truly came alive when it Bane was on screen or Bane & Batman.

Let me ask you this, did you think Bane had as much of a presence (or screen time?) to you as Ra's Al Ghul or the Joker to you in this movie? I understand the need to switch things up at times, but I really felt Bane was quite good and he was underutilized in this movie. In that sense, he was the "worst".

I would have liked a plot that was much more central around Batman and Bane instead of all the side plots going on with JGL, Talia, & Selina Kyle. Perhaps I shouldn't have said Kyle and in addition the others had no purpose, but I think they all had a minor purpose in this movie that could have been worked around without those characters.
Bane was in it enough . If anything I wanted more Kyle . She was just fun and had a real purpose . She gave Bruce a reason to live again , and the vica versa

Chris435 wrote:Bane to me, was a fantastic villain. Hardy absolutely nailed the character and I was, to my surprise, terrified of him. From this standpoint, Bane was probably my favorite villain.

Bane made the movie for me, hands down. He took me by storm, starting from his opening sequence.

I've seen the movie four times so far, and I think if you see the movie again you will feel differently about the various characters. Their sub-plots really were all tied in nicely to the overall story. The first time I saw it I felt as you did about Catwoman, but felt differently after repeat viewings.

I agree with the sentiment that Selina didn't get enough screentime.

second time is absolutely better the pacing was not an issue anymore and the film is incredibly well done and we can say regardless of someone liking the story or not is still a great film.

Mexico still incredibly pack we can expect and super hold :D

JimmyFraska wrote:I agree with the sentiment that Selina didn't get enough screentime.
I agree she should have had more screen time. One of my few gripes with the film. However, I completely disagree with people who claim she was pointless. That's just stupid.

I agree think there are structural problems with the film but since i read all about those problems and nitpicks before watching the movie I think I wouldn't have noticed them had I stayed away from reviews because the film was still VERY entertaining. 90% for me. bane was excellent (especially since it's all in the eyes and movement, folks). Anne hathaway was great as I expected from the beginning and Christian bale actually got to be a very emotional Bruce wayne for most of the time, which is as it should be because batman is only his tool and very impersonal.

ComptonTerry wrote:
JimmyFraska wrote:[/quote
However, I completely disagree with people who claim she was pointless. That's just stupid.

People who say having Selina/Catwoman in the film was pointless, don't know what the heck they are talking about.

Ignorance knows no bounds.

I've already see movie three times in IMAX, and each time was better and better.
8/10

3rd time today still more crowded in mexico than john carter's opening day
my mom love it by the way :D