The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

How Awesome was The Dark Knight Rises?

100% Awesome
55%
90% Awesome
25%
80% Awesome
10%
70% Awesome
4%
60% Awesome
2%
50% Awesome
1%
40% Awesome
1%
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
0%
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
3%

Total votes: 366

DKnight007 wrote:
Syncopy528491 wrote:Riddled with Plot Holes, cheesy dialogue,
Nolan's worst film by far 60% :judge:

Dialogue wasn't as cheesy as the campy overrated cheese fest called Avengers.

Only problem I had with dialogue was with some of Hardys lines.

Me and the wifey thought this film was great and engrossing from start to finish.

A solid ending to a great trilogy of Bat films.

As far as plot holes goes. Yes, there were a few plot holes, but what film doesn't have plot holes?? If there were no plot holes, then this film would have been over 3 hours long and the minority of haters of the film like you would have whined about the film being over 3 hours as well. haha

The whole ensemble was great....Caine did extremely well and so did Hathaway, JGL and of course Bale, Hardy, Freeman and Cotillard were solid.

The fight scenes were done well overall, much better than in TDK.

The first fight scene between Batman and Bane in the sewers was fantastic, jaw dropping, brutal and epic!

The last fight scene could have been better. The reveal of Tate/Talia was done well and the general movie audience was surprised. The fanboys saw it coming though of course.

The ending was emotional and great! The chemistry between Bale and Hathaway was solid and I'm glad the ended up together in the end. We finally got to see a REAL characterization onscreen of Selina Kyle/Catwoman.

The reveal of Blakes real name to be Robin was a very nice touch by Team Nolan.
You can't justify TDKR's dialogue because it's not as cheesy as another movie.
I do agree with you on Bane's dialogue and also commisoner Gordon's. Who ever did the sound mixing for this film didn't do a very good job (at least in IMAX).
The whole film felt way too rushed to me the Robin reveal was way too obvious but still a nice touch IMO
However Nolan is always talking about how Story comes first.He doesn't care about what "haters" think and frankly why should he? This could have been his best film and a true "epic if he were to extend the run time by at least an hour use the same narrative but give characters a little more depth.
Ironically he must have been limited (in terms of runtime) by using IMAX technology which he often praises and that is what leads to this films downfall.
The pacing was poor and overall it was Nolan's worst film in terms of story and screenplay.\
ANYONE WHO HAS GENUINELY THOUGHT ABOUT TDKR'S STORY AND CONSIDERS THIS TO BE A STEP UP FROM NOLAN'S PREVIOUS WORKS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT A NOLANFANBOY WHO CANNOT ADMIT THAT THIS IS NOLAN'S WORST FILM TO DATE.

I love when people start posting in caps .Like I suddenly am going to change my opinion BECAUSE YOU POST IN CAPS.

I love the film . You want to nitpick it go ahead . Bane is on the level of Darth Vader and Joker as far as villains goes

DKnight007 wrote: Yes. As someone else stated in another thread here. They were more like intentional plot omissions, instead of actual plot holes.

People should let their imagination run free for a bit or go read the novelization of the film.
Yes, they really should... But it seems like some people run out of imagination these days...
Syncopy528491 wrote: ANYONE WHO HAS GENUINELY THOUGHT ABOUT TDKR'S STORY AND CONSIDERS THIS TO BE A STEP UP FROM NOLAN'S PREVIOUS WORKS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT A NOLANFANBOY WHO CANNOT ADMIT THAT THIS IS NOLAN'S WORST FILM TO DATE.
I'm not a boy :problem:

TJ418 wrote:I love when people start posting in caps .Like I suddenly am going to change my opinion BECAUSE YOU POST IN CAPS.

I love the film . You want to nitpick it go ahead . Bane is on the level of Darth Vader and Joker as far as villains goes
Damn right.

Syncopy528491 wrote: ANYONE WHO HAS GENUINELY THOUGHT ABOUT TDKR'S STORY AND CONSIDERS THIS TO BE A STEP UP FROM NOLAN'S PREVIOUS WORKS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT A NOLANFANBOY WHO CANNOT ADMIT THAT THIS IS NOLAN'S WORST FILM TO DATE.
Generally, I hate posts that try to generalize the populace. If you think The Dark Knight Rises is Nolan's worst then bless you, man. But you cannot really and credibly describe the populace based on this. Who are you to even say such a thing?

I generally regard The Dark Knight as my personal "Nolan's worst film to date". That's just me and I won't go around telling people the "I'm right and you're wrong" shtick. Different people, different strokes, man. Chill out and learn to realize that.

You clearly know nothing about cinema.

Syncopy528491 wrote:
DKnight007 wrote:

ANYONE WHO HAS GENUINELY THOUGHT ABOUT TDKR'S STORY AND CONSIDERS THIS TO BE A STEP UP FROM NOLAN'S PREVIOUS WORKS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT A NOLANFANBOY WHO CANNOT ADMIT THAT THIS IS NOLAN'S WORST FILM TO DATE.

^^^^^^
Anyone who says this and acts like his OPINION is above everyones has zero credibility with me as far as I'm concerned. :judge:

From what I gather from the general movie going audience who have wathced the film. They loved it and the pacing was just good for a 2 hour and 45 minute film that ends a trilogy. Most, if not all of the comments I hear is that the film didn't feel like a 2 hour and 45 minute film at all.

Syncopy528491 wrote:
DKnight007 wrote:

Dialogue wasn't as cheesy as the campy overrated cheese fest called Avengers.

Only problem I had with dialogue was with some of Hardys lines.

Me and the wifey thought this film was great and engrossing from start to finish.

A solid ending to a great trilogy of Bat films.

As far as plot holes goes. Yes, there were a few plot holes, but what film doesn't have plot holes?? If there were no plot holes, then this film would have been over 3 hours long and the minority of haters of the film like you would have whined about the film being over 3 hours as well. haha

The whole ensemble was great....Caine did extremely well and so did Hathaway, JGL and of course Bale, Hardy, Freeman and Cotillard were solid.

The fight scenes were done well overall, much better than in TDK.

The first fight scene between Batman and Bane in the sewers was fantastic, jaw dropping, brutal and epic!

The last fight scene could have been better. The reveal of Tate/Talia was done well and the general movie audience was surprised. The fanboys saw it coming though of course.

The ending was emotional and great! The chemistry between Bale and Hathaway was solid and I'm glad the ended up together in the end. We finally got to see a REAL characterization onscreen of Selina Kyle/Catwoman.

The reveal of Blakes real name to be Robin was a very nice touch by Team Nolan.
You can't justify TDKR's dialogue because it's not as cheesy as another movie.
I do agree with you on Bane's dialogue and also commisoner Gordon's. Who ever did the sound mixing for this film didn't do a very good job (at least in IMAX).
The whole film felt way too rushed to me the Robin reveal was way too obvious but still a nice touch IMO
However Nolan is always talking about how Story comes first.He doesn't care about what "haters" think and frankly why should he? This could have been his best film and a true "epic if he were to extend the run time by at least an hour use the same narrative but give characters a little more depth.
Ironically he must have been limited (in terms of runtime) by using IMAX technology which he often praises and that is what leads to this films downfall.
The pacing was poor and overall it was Nolan's worst film in terms of story and screenplay.\

Why are you trying to insult the intelligence of everyone who liked the film? Are you that insecure? I find it sad there are people like you in this world, who spit venom towards anyone with a different view from yours. I wish fewer people like you existed.

This movie was TRUELY 100% awesome! It may not have topped The Avengers for the best superhero movie of all time for me, but it came at a VERY close #2 for that spot as well as a very close #2 for my upcoming Top 10 Best Movies of 2012!

9.75/10

MOVIELORD101 wrote:This movie was TRUELY 100% awesome! It may not have topped The Avengers for the best superhero movie of all time for me, but it came at a VERY close #2 for that spot as well as a very close #2 for my upcoming Top 10 Best Movies of 2012!

9.75/10
This movie was TRUELY 100% awesome! It may not have topped The Avengers for the best superhero movie of all time for me
It may not have topped The Avengers for the best superhero movie of all time for me