[SPOILERS] Your interpretation of the last shot (Poll)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Your Interpretation?

Blake becomes the new Batman/Nightwing/Azrael/Whatever
77%
Blake becomes Robin
14%
Blake stays Blake and spend his time working at the orphean at Wayne Manor
9%

Total votes: 160

I'm pretty sure there'll be no sequel to The Dark Knight Rises so I think Nolan let us decide what happens after, so what do you think will happen to
Robin John Blake after he discovers the Bat-Cave
I think
He becomes the new Batman, I think the Robin in his name was just a hello to the fanboys but I'm pretty sure Blake becomes Batman

I'd go with the latter.

The shot of Blake
Crouching Holding the torch whilst bats flew around him was a carbon copy of the moment Bruce becomes batman in begins.
I've seen it twice now and that's how I've come to understand it.

I didn't know there was anything to interpret.

Blake inherits the mantle.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

He's Batman. It's all laid out through the film. Then the bat signal at the end and the films being about the legacy of Batman. Bruce gets to live his life now and the symbol of Batman lives on.

The only thing against it is the fact his name was Robin.

And nah he doesn't just run the orphanage since like I said its laid out through the film with him loosing faith in the law and order. Blake was a great character I felt. :clap:

Both:
"Blake stays Blake and spend his time working at the orphean at Wayne Manor" and he becomes Azrael/Nightwing.

In my opinion it's left to the individual viewer to decide. Personally I believe that Blake will help the Orphans of Wayne Manor but also go on to fight crime using the resources of the Batcave. I think it stems back to what Wayne said on the Plane with Alfred in BB....

"I can't do this as Bruce Wayne. A man is just flesh and blood and can be ignored or destroyed. But as a symbol... as a symbol, I can be incorruptible, everlasting."

This was Nolan's way of tying up that loose end. Then again, that's just how I perceived it.

ArmandFancypants wrote:I didn't know there was anything to interpret.

Blake inherits the mantle.
Apparently Nolan has the power to make any ending ambiguous, lol. Yeah, I think so too...it wasn't until I got home and starting reading about dreams and whatnot that I began wondering if the ending isn't so straightforward...
Memento: A+
Inception: A+
The Dark Knight: A
Interstellar: A-
The Prestige: A-
The Dark Knight Rises: A-
Batman Begins: B+
Following: B
Insomnia: B-

This is not Inception.. the ending is very straight forward.

Allstar wrote:This is not Inception.. the ending is very straight forward.
That is true, but we must remember we're also talking about the director of not just Inception but also Memento, The Prestige, Following, and Insomnia. Even though his Batman films had had no big surprises or conversation worthy endings, nothing can be assumed when it comes to a Nolan film...
Memento: A+
Inception: A+
The Dark Knight: A
Interstellar: A-
The Prestige: A-
The Dark Knight Rises: A-
Batman Begins: B+
Following: B
Insomnia: B-

Ben_Simmonds wrote:In my opinion it's left to the individual viewer to decide. Personally I believe that Blake will help the Orphans of Wayne Manor but also go on to fight crime using the resources of the Batcave. I think it stems back to what Wayne said on the Plane with Alfred in BB....

"I can't do this as Bruce Wayne. A man is just flesh and blood and can be ignored or destroyed. But as a symbol... as a symbol, I can be incorruptible, everlasting."
Blake finds the Batcave, and then--just like in Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns"--he trains all the orphans to be the Sons of the Batman.