[SPOILERS] Your interpretation of the last shot (Poll)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Your Interpretation?

Blake becomes the new Batman/Nightwing/Azrael/Whatever
77%
Blake becomes Robin
14%
Blake stays Blake and spend his time working at the orphean at Wayne Manor
9%

Total votes: 160

salwidge wrote:You simply cannot ignore the overt imagery of Blake rising on that platform followed by the title appearing on screen. Notice that Nolan’s films always leave the title until the very end of the movie. That’s where the title of each film has its final, full embodiment: from the announcement that Batman has begun; to the proclamation that Batman is Gotham’s dark knight protecting the city; and lastly to Batman rising to his final, firm status in Gotham as an incorruptible symbol that cannot be killed.
Just saw TDKR on a IMAX screen and I agree totally with Salwidge. The trilogy ends perfectly with "Batman" as the incorruptible symbol that cannot be killed, and the clear implication that Blake will become Batman. END OF STORY. For Nolan, at least. If there is a reboot or a Nightwing version or Blake decides to take on the role of Catwoman--it will have NO BEARING on this trilogy. The trilogy stands as a complete story--no need for anything else.

JMan wrote:
salwidge wrote:You simply cannot ignore the overt imagery of Blake rising on that platform followed by the title appearing on screen. Notice that Nolan’s films always leave the title until the very end of the movie. That’s where the title of each film has its final, full embodiment: from the announcement that Batman has begun; to the proclamation that Batman is Gotham’s dark knight protecting the city; and lastly to Batman rising to his final, firm status in Gotham as an incorruptible symbol that cannot be killed.
Just saw TDKR on a IMAX screen and I agree totally with Salwidge. The trilogy ends perfectly with "Batman" as the incorruptible symbol that cannot be killed, and the clear implication that Blake will become Batman. END OF STORY. For Nolan, at least. If there is a reboot or a Nightwing version or Blake decides to take on the role of Catwoman--it will have NO BEARING on this trilogy. The trilogy stands as a complete story--no need for anything else.
I agree with you.The movie isnt open for any interparation for me.It ends while the dark knight RISES that Blake is on that platform.Bruce is gone for his daily life but The Batman aka the dark knight lives on.

JMan wrote:
Well... this is strange :lol: