Bane's Voice

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Sarei88 wrote:I never saw the prologue so, there wasn't an issue concerning his voice for me. Although, with so many complaints, I just hoped it would clear up once the film released. After I saw the film, I didn't have a problem with his voice. May have missed a word or two during my first viewing. Otherwise, Bane sounds fine and can be heard. I really don't understand how people can say they still can't understand him. :roll: Either you're just in a theater with a bad sound system or you just can't hear.
Same here--I never saw the prologue (stayed away from any spoilers, etc., and am very glad I did, especially because I'm so sick of everyone complaining about the prologue voice change; get over it).

I loved Bane's voice from start to finish, especially the great way Hardy delivered so many memorable lines. Like his eyes, Hardy used his intonation to expertly convey Bane's emotions. How many actors could pull off such an iconic character portrayal with most of their face covered, particularly the mouth? Kudos to Hardy and to the sound technicians throughout the movie.

Baniac wrote:
Sarei88 wrote:I never saw the prologue so, there wasn't an issue concerning his voice for me. Although, with so many complaints, I just hoped it would clear up once the film released. After I saw the film, I didn't have a problem with his voice. May have missed a word or two during my first viewing. Otherwise, Bane sounds fine and can be heard. I really don't understand how people can say they still can't understand him. :roll: Either you're just in a theater with a bad sound system or you just can't hear.
Same here--I never saw the prologue (stayed away from any spoilers, etc., and am very glad I did, especially because I'm so sick of everyone complaining about the prologue voice change; get over it).

I loved Bane's voice from start to finish, especially the great way Hardy delivered so many memorable lines. Like his eyes, Hardy used his intonation to expertly convey Bane's emotions. How many actors could pull off such an iconic character portrayal with most of their face covered, particularly the mouth? Kudos to Hardy and to the sound technicians throughout the movie.
I also have not seen the prologue and had no problem with his voice. Hardy deserves more love.
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

A lot of folks are just spoiled by the prologue, which is understandable, but I kind of like how booming the voice is now, it matches his appearance.

The first fight scene and the way Hardy delivers his lines are just thrilling. Like his line "but we are initiated, aren't we Bruce? Members of the League of SHADOWS!!!" or "by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!!!" the theatricality of the new prologue voice matched this style and made it feel consistent.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

yeah getting used to the prologue it's inevitable not to be torn on the final mix

to which i eventually got used to and i saw the point behind those choices

talking about the prologue only that is

Ive gotten use to it but still like the old one better. I can deal with it now I guess. Well I can deal with everything except for "of course!" which is the only line I don't think I'll ever get used to. So high pitched an awkward. Whaaateva.

He sounds a bit like Brian badonde from facejacker

some people said he sounds like Deckard Cain from Diablo
which is logical since the actor dubbing him has said that he's used Sean Connery as an influence

prince0gotham wrote:yeah getting used to the prologue it's inevitable not to be torn on the final mix

to which i eventually got used to and i saw the point behind those choices

talking about the prologue only that is
The new prologue voice bothered me less the second time I saw the film. It needed clarifying from that version, no doubt but it almost sounded like a completely different take. It's not that I like the sound of the old one better, it's that his change in tone seemed less menacing. But the rest of the movie sounded more like the tone of the original prologue. It didn't sound very far off from the original tone of the voice.. so it's just fine for the rest of the film and i wouldn't change that at all.

with no survivors seemed very anti climatic at first
it's very debatable if he really had a good reason to shout at that exact moment and line, let alone if Bane would do it
but concidering the way he said BLINDING as he swung it could be logical to shout 'with no survivors' as he was standing up

http://darkknightrisesrumors.com/sound.html
I still love the older voice and most lines sounded better with it. The voice in Bane's next scene was more like the original than the new voice. I understand that they had to liven it up a little because he had to speak almost like a performer when addressing the public but I wish the prologue voice was more in the middle of the previous prologue voice and the final cut. "With no survivors","Calm down doctor.." and "Or perhaps ..." were far better with the older voice.
"When art imitates life"