Anyone else want an extended cut on Blu Ray?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
there were rumors of a 3h+ screening that a dialect coach attended. Also Wally said that that the script was very very long. Why would he say that if its' just slightly longer than TDK's

Max Schreck wrote:
apw wrote:I doubt there is as much cut footage as people would like to think.

Scenes have been trimmed here and there but that's part of the editing process. Not everything that was shot is going to Vách ngăn phòng khách
Vách ngăn phòng khách
cách vào m88make the cut.
Yeah, that's all this seems like to me. You guys are making it sound like they removed some substantial stuff.
They cut some beautiful shots and great acting emotional dialogues. Is this something good?
Last edited by ANONIMNIQ on November 26th, 2018, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

But doesn't Nolan edit his movies while shooting them? To my understanding is that they shoot only the important scenes from the script. So even if the script was 400 pages long, I doubt they shot everything that was written.

That's just I what I think. I wouldn't mind seeing an extended version either, but I feel like you guys are getting your hopes up for something that may not exist in the way you want it too.

Nolan has basically always shot the script as it was. This time it seems different.
Also, I find it hard to believe that the runtime is exactly the amount IMAX can handle. Can't be a coincidence

Last edited by CallMeSelina on April 30th, 2015, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

apw
thrice wrote:Nolan has basically always shot the script as it was. This time it seems different.
Also, I find it hard to believe that the runtime is exactly the amount IMAX can handle. Can't be a coincidence
Nolan knew the IMAX runtime limitations before shooting began and probably edited the shooting script down accordingly before filming started.

apw wrote:
thrice wrote:Nolan has basically always shot the script as it was. This time it seems different.
Nolan knew the IMAX runtime limitations before shooting began and probably edited the shooting script down accordingly before filming begun.
There was scenes in the trailers (and spy videos from the set) that were cut in the actual film.

I'd agree APW, except we know there was a very decent amount of stuff filmed not found in the film.

-Vader

apw
ANONIMNIQ wrote:
apw wrote:
Nolan knew the IMAX runtime limitations before shooting began and probably edited the shooting script down accordingly before filming begun.
There was scenes in the trailers (and spy videos from the set) that were cut in the actual film.
But there is always going to be stuff that was filmed that is going to be cut. It happens with every movie.

True though that is, the margin of cut content to what's in the finished film seems quite a lot greater this time. For instance, there was quite a lot more footage in the Wallstreet fight scenes and final chase that never made the final cut, much to my disappointment. Like a lot of people, those scenes, while unbelievably epic and so on, could and should have been a lot more so.

-Vader