Your Thoughts On the "Dark Knight" Trilogy

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Chris435 wrote:
With LOTR, every movie was epic and high quality. Not quite the case with the DK trilogy.

It's my favorite trilogy of all time, without a doubt.

With LOTR, every movie was epic and high quality. Not quite the case with the DK trilogy.
Ok, let me think... :think:

TFOTR - The best in the trilogy IMO
TTT - :facepalm: One of most boring movies I've EVER watched in my life (I finally said it)
TROTK - It supposed to be the most epic of the three but fail because has like one hundred endings. :roll:

So, NO. Not every movie is epic and hight quality (IMO). I think TDK trilogy is far more interesting and F*** epic!

natalie wrote:

TTT - :facepalm: One of most boring movies I've EVER watched in my life (I finally said it)
TROTK - It supposed to be the most epic of the three but fail because has like one hundred endings. :roll:

So, NO. Not every movie is epic and hight quality (IMO). I think TDK trilogy is far more interesting and F*** epic!
ok, you don't even have to use LOTR. Star Wars is another example though. Star Wars has 2 movies comparable to Dark Knight. The Dark Knight trilogy has 2 movies (DKR & BB) that don't quite reach the heights of Star Wars IV: A New Hope. ROTJ is comparable to BB in terms of quality. So I got Star Wars as a better trilogy. Its got more classics.

IMO, LOTR has 3 movies which rival any SW movies. However, if you want to be strict, it has 2 movies (Fellowship & ROTK) that are comparable to Star Wars 2 biggies. Two Towers blows out ROTJ though.

Chris435 wrote:
natalie wrote:

ok, you don't even have to use LOTR. Star Wars is another example though. Star Wars has 2 movies comparable to Dark Knight. The Dark Knight trilogy has 2 movies (DKR & BB) that don't quite reach the heights of Star Wars IV: A New Hope. ROTJ is comparable to BB in terms of quality. So I got Star Wars as a better trilogy. Its got more classics.

IMO, LOTR has 3 movies which rival any SW movies. However, if you want to be strict, it has 2 movies (Fellowship & ROTK) that are comparable to Star Wars 2 biggies. Two Towers blows out ROTJ though.
I give the DK trilogy the edge because the LOTR trilogy was based on one story that happened to be split into three books/parts. Not to mention the three films were all made at the same time. It's no surprise the three films kept the same look and feel throughout the trilogy. Of course it works as a trilogy, it's just one story adapted from a 3-part book and one kind of movie.

The Dark Knight trilogy, on the other hand, was produced over a span of 8-9 years. Three stories written years apart. Three different kinds of movies: hero's journey, crime thriller, war film. So that makes it a much more impressive feat to maintain that consistent level of quality while tying them all together.

robphas wrote:
I give the DK trilogy the edge because the LOTR trilogy was based on one story that happened to be split into three books/parts. Not to mention the three films were all made at the same time. It's no surprise the three films kept the same look and feel throughout the trilogy. Of course it works as a trilogy, it's just one story adapted from a 3-part book and one kind of movie.

The Dark Knight trilogy, on the other hand, was produced over a span of 8-9 years. Three stories written years apart. Three different kinds of movies: hero's journey, crime thriller, war film. So that makes it a much more impressive feat to maintain that consistent level of quality while tying them all together.
This.

robphas wrote: The Dark Knight trilogy, on the other hand, was produced over a span of 8-9 years. Three stories written years apart. Three different kinds of movies: hero's journey, crime thriller, war film. So that makes it a much more impressive feat to maintain that consistent level of quality while tying them all together.
definitely agree. each film was different in nearly every way, but still continued the journey of the main character. not an easy thing to do in trilogies.

robphas wrote:
Chris435 wrote:

What he said.

And regarding BB and TDKR not being on the level of Star Wars: A New Hope, I just don't agree.

i guess we're all set to agree and disagree.

The Dark Knight Saga is better than The Original Star Wars Trilogy or The Lord of the Rings, imo.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.