Your Theater's Reaction?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
In Finland people aren't very reactive during the movies (unless it's a film festival screening, those are like from a different world), so people tend to laugh if things are funny but not usually cheer or anything like that.

The first time I saw TDKR it was the first Friday (no midnight premiers for us), and people laughed a few times, but more telling was the absolute silence during the more intensive and quiet moments, people were really into it.

And at the beginning of the end credits the applause was the third loudest I've heard, the bigger ones were at the midnight premiers of The Two Towers and The Return of the King.

Also, we were there a bit early, and saw people come out of the previous screening, and they generally looked very serious. In retrospect I found that really odd, and we decided with my sister that they were just a bunch of particularly sour people. We came out with huge smiles, btw.

But, the best thing was actually couple of weeks ago when I saw it again, and at the end people applauded, not just one or two but everyone in the theater. I've never before seen that happen after a movie that's been out for weeks and weeks.

My theater (IMAX in Mumbai) was packed. I've never seen it housefull before, but this time (July 21, 2nd day) it was. And it erupted -there isn't any other word for it- in cheers during Supe's flight(trailer), Batsy's first moment, The Bat's intro,reveal of Blake's name, The Bat's heroic moment, Bruce's jump & bats which was a nice reference to BB and last 1 minute.
gib sigs