Criticisms of The Dark Knight Rises? (spoilers)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Golden Age wrote:
Jeebus wrote: I agree with both of you. That line was just stupid. As was the "boy, you're in for a show tonight". There were a few other stupid lines, but I don't remember them.
More importantly though, I think Bane's death wasn't handled as well as it could have been, which is a shame given how well Hardy portrayed him.
Hah, a really stupid line was when,
they find out the police are going into a trap (all the police apparently, hope nobody robs a liquor store) and Foley says something like, "I'm the only cop here!" and Blake replies, "you're not the only one." then grabs his gun haha. I about died laughing it was so silly. Maybe it was an homage to Robin being a complete dolt.
Except that's not what happens at all. He's remembering that
Gordon is still in the hospital.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

Golden Age wrote:
the-architect wrote:
uh what? no. he just inserted that, as he did with other flashbacks in the movie, for people who wouldn't recall what bruce was talking about without a visual cue. also the flashbacks rounded the end of the trilogy pretty well, i thought. the way that TDK feels so separated from BB (so that you could watch one w/o the other easily), TDKR didn't. it tied in the other movies the way it should've.
Yes, but that's the whole point. Nolan shouldn't have had to remind the audience about the previous films because he should have respected us to know exactly what was being alluded to. Up until now he's always been so good about taking the audience seriously and not dumbing anything down to appeal to the largest demographic, but in this one he wanted to be sure fan boys as well as Grandmas could follow along so he dumbed things down and made certain aspects unnecessary. That flash back wasn't needed and did nothing more than get the audience up to speed in an 8 hour trilogy of which only 10 minutes was left.
If you really feel a few small flashbacks is dumbing down a film then you're missing the big picture - they were poignant moments from Begins that carried equal weight when brought back in this conclusion.

I didnt like the 'John Blake vs national guard on the bridge' and how much time that took.

i guess the involvement of the military was to satisfy the ones that would have complained about the unrealism of not involving them. but they ended up being dumber and more useless than the average cops - blowing up the bridge themselves? hmm

i would've been ok with bruce and alfred having one big fallout early in the film instead of 3 times and having alfred get teary eyed in each time. it was really pushing it. Though i liked that Nolan brought up what Alfred did regarding Rachel's letter in this film.

i wished we saw Dr Crane in his mask one more time - his ADR voice is my favourite out of all the characters. and i wish we saw his fate, either back in prison or running away

could this movie have been done without Foley? and im still wondering why they didnt show him being hit by the tumbler.. i mean they showed people being hung at the neck

and talia - so much potential. i wished she'd been revealed around at least in the last third of the movie instead of till the last 15 mins or so. so we could see her in action, i.e showing her true emotions and personality, with more expressive dialogue rather than expository dialogue.

ive got a good climax in my head regarding bane's end - after selina shoots bane in the chest with the batpod, he gets up, says some witty dialogue about how it'll take more than that to kill him or about her being inferior to him. then she replies with a great one liner, shoots again as he advances on her, but this time shoots at a pillar/column or huge wall behind him, then the brass 3-note thing plays as it collapses on him.

cassm wrote:
CaliKid329 wrote:NOT ENOUGH JOKER!!!
Not enough Pvt. Joker
Yes.
Do you... like pineapple?

Did anybody else find the
"Clean slate"
thing completely pointless?

ComptonTerry wrote:Did anybody else find the
"Clean slate"
No.. I think it brought more depth to Selina's character. And then it served the ending as well.

the-architect wrote:
"Clean slate"
No.. I think it brought more depth to Selina's character. And then it served the ending as well.
Did it come back up in the ending? I don't remember it being brought back up at all but if it was then I guess it does have a purpose.

the-architect wrote:
"Clean slate"
Actually
how do you think Selina and Bruce were able to leave their pasts behind at the end of the movie. They left the country and changed their names and were on a way to starting a family. Bruce is officially dead.
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:
the-architect wrote:No.. I think it brought more depth to Selina's character. And then it served the ending as well.
Actually
how do you think Selina and Bruce were able to leave their pasts behind at the end of the movie. They left the country and changed their names and were on a way to starting a family. Bruce is officially dead.
so
Nolan actually getting to "kill" bruce and at the same time keep the fans happy lulz

ryan4butler wrote:
the-architect wrote:No.. I think it brought more depth to Selina's character. And then it served the ending as well.
Actually
Yeah I guess so. Fine.