Directors cut?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
This masterpiece is already perfect but an extended cut would leave me speechless.

Allstar wrote:Director cuts are for hacks.
Agreed.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

This is the first Nolan film for which I would like to see a Director's Cut.

Director's cuts are not for hacks, especially in the case of studio interference.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Allstar wrote:Director cuts are for hacks.
Agreed.
That's such generalizing. I cannot take that statement seriously. Sure, if everyone of your films needs fucking Directors Cut than you have an issue, but to think that there is absolutely no use or place for them at all is ridiculous. Nolan isn't immune to studio interference. The first cut he showed, as I have said, was slightly over 3 hrs. I don't think any Nolan film before has ever had that much cut from it. Usually there's like 2 deleted scenes at the most. It isn't crazy to think, especially considering how ambitious this story is, that Nolan might have been told to cut some parts. It certainly feels that way to me and I have never felt that way about any previous Nolan film.

It deserves a longer version if you wanna go deep into details and take your time to watch and enjoy it.
It doesn't need it. Because it has the pace to keep the audience in the movie when you attend the cinema.

As said before, Nolan had never made a an extented version of his previous movies.

but the difference is that, on his previous movies, Nolan only shoot what you can see in the final cut. For TDKR, I'm not sure about that. Rumours about Raw cut (all the rushes stick together chronologically) of 4 hours. Pre-screenings of 3 hours. Let's not forget about the 2h45-Imax limitation. Also, Nolan spend more than a year to plan and shoot it.

TDKR is such a great movie. An outstanding achievement. And I consider TDKR as equal to BB and TDK. TDKR can top the whole thing if there is, outside in this cruel world, a 3 hours long version of this movie that WB want to release.

But hey before that, WB, have to sell normal blu-ray, trilogy blu-ray and SUPER trilogy blu-ray. See if, TDKR is on a Oscar-shot. To sum up the whole thing, we'll probably have to wait 10years! :lol:

i'd like to see more of:
Tate/Wayne.
Wayne-Batman/Kyle.
Kyle/Tate.
Bane/Tate.
Bane/Kyle.
More of the revolution and how the people endured it.
More jail time for Wayne and how he endured it
More of the war/guerilla scene.
Extented last fight (but still with Catwoman kickin' Bane's ass!)
Last edited by Zimmeredge on July 24th, 2012, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sometimes a) studio execs meddle with the film or b) put pressure for a shorter cut. Sometimes c) even the director himself might feel that a shorter cut is "necessary".

I personally feel the theatrical cut of TDKR is a combo of b) and c).

A director's cut is highly unlikely (given Nolan's track record of not having director's cuts / extended editions), but TDKR would benefit the most of it out of possibly all of Nolan's films.

...and of course the IMAX run time limitation was a factor. Damn you, IMAX? ;)

I would prefer a director's cut of this film.
Do you... like pineapple?

Saw it again today. Everything flowed fine this time around. No need for it.