Directors cut?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Based4Life wrote:Saw it again today. Everything flowed fine this time around. No need for it.
Really? I think some things, most things maybe, flow flawlessly. But others, like the Gordon/Bruce+skimask (whoa their first meeting in Rises echoes a reversal from their first meeting in Begins- Gordon's recruiting Batman as Batman recruited him, both times in a ski mask! Fuck yeah Nolan's awesome) and him jumping out the window are handled fairly awkwardly. There's some really bad edits probably due to footage being taken out in the first act too.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Based4Life wrote:Saw it again today. Everything flowed fine this time around. No need for it.
Really? I think some things, most things maybe, flow flawlessly. But others, like the Gordon/Bruce+skimask (whoa their first meeting in Rises echoes a reversal from their first meeting in Begins- Gordon's recruiting Batman as Batman recruited him, both times in a ski mask! Fuck yeah Nolan's awesome) and him jumping out the window are handled fairly awkwardly. There's some really bad edits probably due to footage being taken out in the first act too.

-Vader
I got over it pretty quickly and just let myself become immersed into the film. Such a rewarding payoff too.

Vader182 wrote:Really? I think some things, most things maybe, flow flawlessly. But others, like the Gordon/Bruce+skimask (whoa their first meeting in Rises echoes a reversal from their first meeting in Begins- Gordon's recruiting Batman as Batman recruited him, both times in a ski mask! Fuck yeah Nolan's awesome) and him jumping out the window are handled fairly awkwardly. There's some really bad edits probably due to footage being taken out in the first act too.

-Vader
I agree.

Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Nah. I have other issues with it. Will write more in my review tho. I still need a 2nd viewing so I can makeup my mind.

Yeah, there's movie was a little too fast for me. 3:00, maybe 3:15 for the director's cut.

NotWearingHockeyPads wrote:Yeah, there's movie was a little too fast for me. 3:00, maybe 3:15 for the director's cut.
There will not be a director's cut. This is not Ridley Scott.

Based4Life wrote:
NotWearingHockeyPads wrote:Yeah, there's movie was a little too fast for me. 3:00, maybe 3:15 for the director's cut.
There will not be a director's cut. This is not Ridley Scott.
True but nobody is immune to studio interference.

ComptonTerry wrote:
Based4Life wrote: There will not be a director's cut. This is not Ridley Scott.
I will cut my balls off and mail them to you if there is a different cut of this film to be released.

Based4Life wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:
I will cut my balls off and mail them to you if there is a different cut of this film to be released.
You wouldn't want to see that 3 hr cut shown to WB in March?

ComptonTerry wrote:
Based4Life wrote: I will cut my balls off and mail them to you if there is a different cut of this film to be released.
You wouldn't want to see that 3 hr cut shown to WB in March?
Not saying that. Just saying its suuuuper highly doubtful we will ever see it.