Directors cut?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
The_Maestro wrote:One part that threw me off when watching...
In the set videos/call sheets, Foley is run over by Miranda's tumbler. This explains why he is twisted on the ground when you see him dead. Seems like they were forced to make a compromise here?
Yeah i saw that too, I cant imagine how awesome it would have looked, if it was in the actual film. there was also
a lot more of fight scenes from the wall st part, but barley anything was shown
I would be the happiest man on earth, if the blu ray set would have the 4 hour version.

fenwayconnor wrote:This was the directors cut, or are you forgetting who directed this movie?
My bet is that a house like WB always makes the last call. Let's not forget the IMAX time limitations too. If there is a Director's Cut then it will only add on to the WB kitty as fans will throng the BluRay/ DVD sale-houses for an early pie. Well, Nolan and WB are the winners, in both cases.

I just read a comment somewhere that the 'original cut' of the movie is 4 hours. Anyone that can confirm that?

I do get the feeling that there's a lot of footage that they didn't show in the movie. But then again, maybe not.

dustbust5 wrote:I believe Nolan has said pretty concretely in the past that he doesn't believe in director's cuts
OK, well. . . How about a DVD with the film as it is now playing in the theaters, along with an Editor's Cut (or Rough Cut, Assembly Cut, however you refer to it.)

Instead of outtakes, it would be cool to listen to Nolan on an audio commentary talk about what, why, and how he cut down a (for sake of argument) 4 hour film to 2 hours 40 minutes.

Of course, I'm sure this will never happen. Oh well.

Let's bump this up.

Count me in on wanting a Director's Cut / Extended Edition / [Whatever is the "correct" term] ;)

Some parts of the film felt definitely rushed. The script, as we remember, was quite heavily cut in places before shooting began. I'm hoping that the success of The Avengers didn't suddenly make WB execs go crazy about having to have mainly an action blockbuster with fast pace, even though, ironically, I felt Avengers, too, suffered from a too fast pacing and a lot of cut content.

I don't understand why movies can't go on for 3h. Already an extra 20-25 minutes would've helped TDKR with some of its issues. An interesting debate will ensue in the coming weeks whether TDKR should have been a two-part movie (or a very long single movie)...

I remember from one of the videos where JGL grabs a garbage bin and moves it to protect himself from the thugs. This is scene was after the bit with Selina in the bar.

Nolan doesn't do extended director's cut. Never has, and probably never will.

steveportee wrote:Nolan doesn't do extended director's cut. Never has, and probably never will.
there is always a first time for everything... but the likelihood of it happening are slim. Hope we get a blade runner-esque ultimate cut in the coming years.

Director cuts are for hacks.

Allstar wrote:Director cuts are for hacks.
Not true at all. Anyways, I am seeing the film again in a few hours (pretty excited considering my highly conflicted feelings from my first view). I can't imagine that I will ever feel like this film doesn't need an extra 20 minutes at least (I really feel Bruce Prison story was cut short more than anything. That's not all, but if I could only have 1 issue fixed it would be that) but I'm ready for the fast cuts and montages this time around so we'll see how much my thoughts change.