Directors cut?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
How much content, if any, do you think was cut from the film?

To me the movie felt very fast paced , and not very cohesive - even at 2 hr 40 minutes much of the scenes / story elements felt like they needed more time to breathe.

Do you think a directors cut exists somewhere out there, or will it?

I felt the same way. I think this movie could have been 4 hours and had plenty of time to breathe, flesh out scenes and explore more of its ideas. For me it was the fastest 164 minutes of my movie-going life.

This was the directors cut, or are you forgetting who directed this movie?

fenwayconnor wrote:This was the directors cut, or are you forgetting who directed this movie?
+1 :thumbup:

fenwayconnor wrote:This was the directors cut, or are you forgetting who directed this movie?
Yes, I get that. He always makes the movie he wants to make. But this film moved at such a brisk pace and packed so much into 164 minutes that I wish it was a five part HBO miniseries. It's an impressive achievement as it is, but I do wish there was a longer cut out there that allows the film to take just a little more time with its characters and ideas.

:thumbup:

extended cut*

And yes, I would love one. In fact, I think it's absolutely NECESSARY!

Let me explain...

I feel as if this movie could be the best movie in the trilogy, BUT (for me) it's stifled, only ever so slightly, by the fact that it's so tightly edited that I wanted more time for the emotions to truly play out. Like the
graveyard scene
where I felt Lucius and Gordon left way too quickly. I think that Nolan surely has more that he filmed and that Warner Brothers made him cut a lot of it so that audiences wouldn't be turned off by a movie that is over three hours in length.

So...please, please, please: EXTENDED CUT!

Anyone agree? :-D

o SHAKESPEARE o wrote:extended cut*

Let me explain...

I feel as if this movie could be the best movie in the trilogy, BUT (for me) it's stifled, only ever so slightly, by the fact that it's so tightly edited that I wanted more time for the emotions to truly play out. Like the
graveyard scene
where I felt Lucius and Gordon left way too quickly. I think that Nolan surely has more that he filmed and that Warner Brothers made him cut a lot of it so that audiences wouldn't be turned off by a movie that is over three hours in length.

No.

Based4Life wrote:
o SHAKESPEARE o wrote:extended cut*

Let me explain...

graveyard scene

No.
You honestly don't feel the pacing was extremely brisk for almost the entire movie? Everyone I saw it with said that same exact thing, and we are all huge Nolan fans.

p.s. nice explanation

stanley wrote:Do you think a directors cut exists somewhere out there, or will it?
Yes, it is now playing at your local cinemas.