The most striking and Evocative scene in the film...

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Hey, first off, what a great idea for a thread ! Big props Dust !
I agree with everyone who said that Michael Caine is sublime in this film. All his scenes were superb,
especially his parting with Bruce. Really, the moral of the film is "Always listen to Alfred."

Anyway, here's my most evocative scene.....

The prison. Bruce is lying in his bed, just looking at the TV, he doesn't say anything or do anything, but
the look of utter desolation on his face is wrenching. In that moment we see Bruce hit rock bottom,
he is utterly defeated. Bale makes us feel his torment. Big props to Bale, he should at least get an Oscar
nomination for this one ( if Rusell Crowe can win for Gladiator, why not Bale for this one ?)

There are lots of other incredible scenes... Bane's beat-down of Batman being one of them. The way Bane's
thugs just stand there watching, like they almost feel sorry for Batman. A terrific brutal fight scene, it's so
rare we see a hero get utterly beaten in today's films, but we wince with every punch that Bane lands.
Just goes to show what a master storyteller Nolan is ! Cheers.

Batmannerism wrote:Hey, first off, what a great idea for a thread ! Big props Dust !
I agree with everyone who said that Michael Caine is sublime in this film. All his scenes were superb,
especially his parting with Bruce. Really, the moral of the film is "Always listen to Alfred."

The prison. Bruce is lying in his bed, just looking at the TV, he doesn't say anything or do anything, but
the look of utter desolation on his face is wrenching. In that moment we see Bruce hit rock bottom,
he is utterly defeated. Bale makes us feel his torment. Big props to Bale, he should at least get an Oscar
nomination for this one ( if Rusell Crowe can win for Gladiator, why not Bale for this one ?)

There are lots of other incredible scenes... Bane's beat-down of Batman being one of them. The way Bane's
thugs just stand there watching, like they almost feel sorry for Batman. A terrific brutal fight scene, it's so
rare we see a hero get utterly beaten in today's films, but we wince with every punch that Bane lands.
I totally forgot about that scene with bruce. Now that I can recall that was a very emotional scene and shows Bruce's love with Gotham and
that he can't do anything about it just destroys him.

xWhereAmI? wrote:
Batmannerism wrote:Hey, first off, what a great idea for a thread ! Big props Dust !

I totally forgot about that scene with bruce. Now that I can recall that was a very emotional scene and shows Bruce's love with Gotham and
and gives him the will to fight, to gain strength, to run away and go back to gotham and fight. the climbing scene (third & successful one) was simply breathtakingly amazing.

DarkShadow wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:
and gives him the will to fight, to gain strength, to run away and go back to gotham and fight. the climbing scene (third & successful one) was simply breathtakingly amazing.
True. It gave me goosebumps, that scene. I lurched forward from my seat the instance he timed that jump with those haunting chanting in the background. I had to look sideways bcoz I thought I embarrassed myself over-reacting. But no, the whole theater errupted into an applause at that moment and the gentleman who sat next to me gave an understanding smile. I could see the thrill in his eyes too!

Here's a thought, what do you think about....
... as he''s flying the bomb away from the city, the frame cuts to Batman's face close up.
A couple of expressions cross his face, he's clearly thinking about something
then it cuts back to the kids in the bus watching the Bat
fly further out to sea, then boom.

My theory is that in that moment where we see Batman/Bruce's face, he's deciding whether
he's going to die in the explosion (which would be easy for him, as he has no fear of death) or if he's going
to bail out, and live (which means he'll have to move on, something that actually does scare him).
Of course, from the final scenes we know what he decides, but I reckon he hadn't made up his
mind about actually moving on until that moment. The plan had been up until then to reattach the
core to the reactor, so its not like he had thought the whole thing out ahead of time.
Anyway, just a thought.

I have a couple.
Blake on the bridge trying to convince the Army to let them cross.
Batman revealing to Gordon his true identity.
The Talia reveal.
Bruce climbing out of the well.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

No question in my mind which two scenes were the most striking and evocative:

- Bane lifting Batman above his head and dropping him on his knee, somewhat breaking Bruce's back

- Blake standing in the Bat-Cave as the floor rises from above him, the audience knowing he is the new guardian to protect Gotham

Jamie wrote:No question in my mind which two scenes were the most striking and evocative:

- Bane lifting Batman above his head and dropping him on his knee, somewhat breaking Bruce's back

- Blake standing in the Bat-Cave as the floor rises from above him, the audience knowing he is the new guardian to protect Gotham
please spoiler tag every thing you post dude (including posts in the other threads) :facepalm: :facepalm:

DoubleD wrote:I have a couple.
Blake on the bridge trying to convince the Army to let them cross.
Batman revealing to Gordon his true identity.
The Talia reveal.
Bruce climbing out of the well.

Really? I thought all of these, with the exception of 'Blake on the bridge trying to convince the Army to let them cross', were rushed and terribly disappointing.

Dan_87 wrote:
Jamie wrote:No question in my mind which two scenes were the most striking and evocative:

please spoiler tag every thing you post dude (including posts in the other threads) :facepalm: :facepalm:

Warning of possible spoilers is made in the forum's title?
The Dark Knight Rises [Possible Spoilers]