[SPOILERS] Plot Holes

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Sorry for my untrained english... Maybe that was discussed before, I don't know... but that's the thing that bothered me since I read the premise of the movie.... Can anyone of you here, present some kind of rational answer why does batman suddenly disappears after Dent's death? At the very end of TDK he's rather determined to fight crime.... We've been told in the end of TDK that he sacrificed himself, his good name, his efforts.... but where's the suffering... In TDKR he suffers rather from the Rachel's death, and not from him perceived as a murderer... Besides that... Rachel's death didn't persuaded him to stop his actions in TDK... so what happened? My only answer is that he needed time to think, but that's kind of stupid... what are your propositions? If this topic was discussed, please send a link
Thank you

jackjack wrote:Sorry for my untrained english... Maybe that was discussed before, I don't know... but that's the thing that bothered me since I read the premise of the movie.... Can anyone of you here, present some kind of rational answer why does batman suddenly disappears after Dent's death? At the very end of TDK he's rather determined to fight crime.... We've been told in the end of TDK that he sacrificed himself, his good name, his efforts.... but where's the suffering... In TDKR he suffers rather from the Rachel's death, and not from him perceived as a murderer... Besides that... Rachel's death didn't persuaded him to stop his actions in TDK... so what happened? My only answer is that he needed time to think, but that's kind of stupid... what are your propositions? If this topic was discussed, please send a link
Thank you
I think he had to go into hiding, so that the Gotham police could "hunt" him. But in his exile, he was suffering both physical and mental wounds. And it got to him to where he became a recluse, not interested in returning. Also, Gotham was in peace time. Which may have left him feeling he was without a purpose. With Rachel, that was hie life-long friend, not only love interest. It made sense to me that he is still greatly bothered over losing her in his life.

CrashingThisPlane wrote:
jackjack wrote:Sorry for my untrained english... Maybe that was discussed before, I don't know... but that's the thing that bothered me since I read the premise of the movie.... Can anyone of you here, present some kind of rational answer why does batman suddenly disappears after Dent's death? At the very end of TDK he's rather determined to fight crime.... We've been told in the end of TDK that he sacrificed himself, his good name, his efforts.... but where's the suffering... In TDKR he suffers rather from the Rachel's death, and not from him perceived as a murderer... Besides that... Rachel's death didn't persuaded him to stop his actions in TDK... so what happened? My only answer is that he needed time to think, but that's kind of stupid... what are your propositions? If this topic was discussed, please send a link
Thank you
I think he had to go into hiding, so that the Gotham police could "hunt" him. But in his exile, he was suffering both physical and mental wounds. And it got to him to where he became a recluse, not interested in returning. Also, Gotham was in peace time. Which may have left him feeling he was without a purpose. With Rachel, that was hie life-long friend, not only love interest. It made sense to me that he is still greatly bothered over losing her in his life.

Thank you for your post.

If the city were to see him fighting crime, they may begin to doubt that Batman took the fall for Dent's murders, which could potentially prompt an investigation into Dent, which could unravel everything they did in The Dark Knight.

-Vader

Thank you
Gotham's crime went down. Batman wasn't needed anymore.

Zez
1. Weren't we promised over an hour of action?
2. Wasn't the very last scene supposed to be composed of all CGI?

Zez wrote:
How are these plot holes?

Zez wrote:
WHO GIVES A FUCK?!

Those are not even plotholes, but anyway, the CGI ending was only a rumor and we have one hour of action.

Zez
Based4Life wrote:
Zez wrote:
How are these plot holes?
/sarcasm