[SPOILERS] Plot Holes

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Simple solution to why Bruce only needs one Bat: Batman/Bruce doesn't HAVE to
die in the explosion.

ALL HE HAS TO DO IS DROP THE BOMB, FLY AWAY BEFORE IT EXPLODES, AND NEVER COME BACK TO GOTHAM.
The auto pilot thing could just be a red herring, a clue left for Lucius by Bruce to let Lucius know Bruce is still alive.

Of course, since "Batman" is supposedly dead,it explains why the only people at Bruce Wayne's funeral are the only people (minus Selina)who knew Bruce was Bats.

It also implies that Bruce is willing to let these people falsely grieve for a while--like Alfred crying--before he lets them know he's alive. Kind of a dick move, but I guess Bruce earned the right to do it to make sure he was now free.

"Huzzah!"-- Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Read more: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... z21E5VBOy7

Golden Age wrote:It was a mess for a Nolan movie, but it pretty much did all the things people love nerd comic book movies for. But what made Nolan's Batman films so great were that they DIDN'T do those same things and they took their audience seriously. They didn't dumb anything down. This one dumbs everything down.
Bruce has an injured leg, but just puts on some brace and he's all better, it's never touched on again

Bruce gets his back broken, lays down on his stomach for what feels like 4 hours, then does pushups and is all better.

Why did they send every Gotham police officer into the sewers, including the swat team? Oh, wait, as John Blake put it, "not all of them." I died laughing during that part. CORNY. What happens if someone commits a regular crime like robbing a liquor store or stealing a car?

And how the hell did Bruce learn to fly the Bat? Did he take an afternoon pilots class in between saying wassup to Lucious and thens suiting up and driving it a couple hours later?

Again, these things work in corny superhero movies that have slow-motion karate and silly one-liners like (oh, wait, this movie had tons of those too), but they don't work in the Nolan Batman movies because we expect more from them and that's what made them so great. This one = not so great.
the thing is if you go down that route to complain about why TDKR isn't good enough then BOTH BB and TDK would also be not well made since both of them also have similar "holes" as what you mentioned

Forum Pro
Law
Idk if this have been mentioned but for those who were complaining the time lapses or whatever, each time Bruce Wayne was watching tv in the prison there was a different number of days on the screen that the Revolution has been going on. For instance one time on the TV it said 87 DAYS.

or am I wrong..

The only thing that really stuck out to me was
Gordon getting exploded down in the cave, seeing Bane, tossing himself in the river and washing up at the drain pipe...a few moments later Blake says that Gordon was mumbling about Bane, though no one said the name Bane at all while Gordon was down there, how did Gordon know who he was?

SHH is ripping this film to shreds. They hate it. :lol:

kahern93 wrote:
If Bruce jumps from the Bat, how does he survive the blast, or the water?

Answer: He doesn't. He switches Bats.

Do you recall that there is a moment between when we see Batman flying the bomb out and when BLAKE sees the Bats?
There is some sort of explosion, and then, Blake sees the Bats fly through the smoke.

THAT'S when I think something happened, when the switch was made.

That also helped me explain something else that bothered me right after I saw the film

At first, I thought that Nolan was cutting way too fast when we see Bruce in the cockpit and then see the Bats flying out to sea.
After thinking about how the switch was made between Bats, that's when I realized that it must be Bruce WATCHING the other Bat go out to sea!
This is my theory as well!
I think that I remember hearing that there were 3 Bats. There is obviously more than 1 because we see one get blown up and then at the end they are examining one and see that the Autopilot was fixed. 3 would also make sense because one can blow up, one can be examined at the end, and one can be Bruce and potentially Kyle's getaway vehicle. I agree that it happens during that explosion when Blake yells that the explosion is starting. Why is there an explosion there? Its clearly not the neutron bomb. I think its possible that Bruce uses the weapons on the Bat to create a distraction, sets the Bat with the bomb on autopilot and gets out, possibly into a different Bat.
Additional thoughts for the doubters:
They make multiple references to the Bats' autopilot feature on purpose. If the building explosion is the point of Batman changing Bats, it makes sense why we saw the bomb being dragged on the ground before he flew over the building. They purposely showed Batman dragging the bomb against the ground, and my theory is that he was distracted while doing something else (preparing for the Bat-transfer). Why else would we see multiple shots of it getting scraped against the ground? Batman's smoother than that ;)

joeludgewigs wrote:
kahern93 wrote:
This is my theory as well!
I think that I remember hearing that there were 3 Bats. There is obviously more than 1 because we see one get blown up and then at the end they are examining one and see that the Autopilot was fixed. 3 would also make sense because one can blow up, one can be examined at the end, and one can be Bruce and potentially Kyle's getaway vehicle. I agree that it happens during that explosion when Blake yells that the explosion is starting. Why is there an explosion there? Its clearly not the neutron bomb. I think its possible that Bruce uses the weapons on the Bat to create a distraction, sets the Bat with the bomb on autopilot and gets out, possibly into a different Bat.
They make multiple references to the Bats' autopilot feature on purpose. If the building explosion is the point of Batman changing Bats, it makes sense why we saw the bomb being dragged on the ground before he flew over the building. They purposely showed Batman dragging the bomb against the ground, and my theory is that he was distracted while doing something else (preparing for the Bat-transfer). Why else would we see multiple shots of it getting scraped against the ground? Batman's smoother than that ;)
I had just assumed it was to imply the device is heavy.

eisentower30 wrote:
joeludgewigs wrote:
Also added tension for the climax. There's such a long cut of when we last see Batman in the cockpit of the Bat to the exterior of the bat flying away that he easily could of set the auto-pilot, bailed, and glided to within the shoreline of Gotham.

Falco09 wrote:
eisentower30 wrote:
Also added tension for the climax. There's such a long cut of when we last see Batman in the cockpit of the Bat to the exterior of the bat flying away that he easily could of set the auto-pilot, bailed, and glided to within the shoreline of Gotham.
Agreed. I think he bailed right after the last shot of him in the cockpit.

JMan wrote:
Falco09 wrote:
Agreed. I think he bailed right after the last shot of him in the cockpit.
Don't forget that when we were watching the shot of the explosion, the camera is moving forward in the ocean, as if it's flying. The view from Batman's point of view in the extra Bat. So he watched it explode.