[SPOILERS] Plot Holes

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Another one of my friends brought something up:

How is Bruce's Lambo getting towed if Catwoman stole it?

As for the exile thing, it's not a plot hole or continuity error.
LensOfTruth wrote:Some plot holes I have read on movie mistakes sites have been so staggering I've actually been compelled to submit corrections, something which I never actually do.

For example one stated that in the truck at the beginning there are three hooded men, inside the plane there are two hooded men.... when the other hooded guy is being pushed out of the plane !!! ....I mean do some people watch with their eyes shut.

I've seen this death by exile "error" and the stock exchange "error" everywhere..... they get corrected and removed then someone else notices it and it comes back....

My wife thinks I should just leave it and enjoy the film.... sound advice! :oldmanface:
What's the stock exchange "error"?

Is it why the trades weren't reversed? I was actually pondering that myself.
LensOfTruth wrote:The exile "error" isn't helped by the fact that the scenes around that part of the film occurred in a different order in the shooting script and we're switched during the filming/editing process. It is even possible, given Nolan's love of fractured timelines, that some scenes are deliberately shown out of chronological order so the film flows the way he wants (or for time reasons) and that the audience is tasked with placing them in the correct order ala memento or the many montages.

The shooting script has events in this order...
Gordon, Miranda and men are captured.... then held prior to hearing.... where Miranda is with Fox, Gordon is not shown but they are police and wouldn't necessarily be the same room where the rich folk are held. Fox and Miranda meet Wayne, Wayne takes Fox and escapes and then Miranda is taken to be "tried" with the cops entering the court from a different entrance to Gordon and his men....then Bane calls for her etc etc etc Batman rescues Gordon and men... expects her to be with them and is told that Bane has singled her out.... and batman knows why (knowledge of their "relationship"... use as a hostage).

Either way all the scenes work in whatever order you wish to assemble them in your mind including the order they are presented to you and dialogue is vague to allow this.
In either case Batman has a reason to ask where Miranda is and Gordon's answer is valid from his perception of events, Nolan is deliberate about not actually showing miranda with bane when he sees the burning bat-symbol and Batman simply doesn't notice her change of clothes because he is in full "where is the trigggerrrr!!!" mode.
It seems to me that its just Nolan playing cinematic sleight of hand like in many of his films and he does it well enough that it doesn't constitute a plot hole.... unless you aren't paying attention which I think you really have to when Nolan is concerned...
:thumbup:

slimshady247 wrote:
How is Bruce's Lambo getting towed if Catwoman stole it?
I assume it was just retrieved, even standard millionaires (non vigilante) have trackers in their cars and he knows possibly where to look as he knows where she lives... so he could have just got it found by GPS and used the cops, sent alfred or maybe he just has two lambos... and he gets to kiss catwoman .... :oldmanface: not fair!
slimshady247 wrote:What's the stock exchange "error"?

Is it why the trades weren't reversed? I was actually pondering that myself.
I was referring to the supposed sunny afternoon to midnight in 8 minutes that some people have concocted.

As for the trades I assumed these would have eventually been proven as fraud (as Fox suggests), but Bane takes Gotham quite soon afterwards so nothing comes of that... I just assumed that the LOS were clever and sophisticated enough to encode them in such a way that it was plausible (at least initially) that the reclusive Wayne could have done them... and unless he complains they wouldn't reverse them as there was no evidence of foul play and the attack on the stock exchange was just a botched hostage situation... I think that the fact Bruce doesnt seem too concerned at all with the loss of his wealth etc ties in nicely with his general apathy towards pretty much everything and his repressed desire to fail or die (as suggested by alfred and bane). On top of this the league of shadows have been said (in begins) to have "infiltrated every level of gothams infrastructure" so its possible an investigation might not have been all too successful, but thats just my speculation.

:JGLface:

darthnazgul wrote:I suppose my only real plot hole gripe with the movie would be how he got from the pit all the way to Gotham, though without knowing the actual location it's difficult to say how big it is.
Actually, having rethought about this it's a bit silly to call it a plot-hole, the exact same thing happens in Begins. Bruce travels the world with no real source of money. In fact, it'd be even sillier to call it a hole in Rises since by then he'd have had experience in that sort of thing.

Oh Nolan, you truly did make a close to perfect trilogy.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

darthnazgul wrote:Bruce travels the world with no real source of money
Wait, what?? :facepalm:

Well, as other people mentioned, I'm sure Bruce has offshore accounts for his travels and excursions.

slimshady247 wrote:Well, as other people mentioned, I'm sure Bruce has offshore accounts for his travels and excursions.
He wandered all over the world on his own before his training by LoS. So, I guess offshore accounts are not really necessary.
gib sigs

Baneling wrote:
Wait, what?? :facepalm:
In Begins, he burns his wallet (including credit cards) and gives his money to a homeless person. He may have had to resort to some form of thievery but he had no consistent stream of income, so to speak. Same thing in Rises, since he quite literally is broke.
Crazy Eight wrote:
no ur a assbender

"The first time I stole so that I wouldn't starve, yes. I lost many assumptions about the simple nature of right and wrong."

they can take his money and his company but they'll never take his air miles! :batface:

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
"The first time I stole so that I wouldn't starve, yes. I lost many assumptions about the simple nature of right and wrong."
Like I said in the post above, no reliable constant stream of income that doesn't require jumping through hoops.

But that's all beside the point.
Crazy Eight wrote:
no ur a assbender