NF Reviews/Reactions Only

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Baniac wrote:
Jonas Agersø wrote: Yep. It doesn't make much sense.
The rope itself is not attached to the wall. One end of the rope is tied around the climber's torso while the other end is held by the muscular prisoner you see at the base of the shaft where the climber first starts. The rope runs up to what is no doubt a type of block and running tackle (pulley system) fastened to the shaft wall. So in order for Bruce to "climb" the rope instead of the wall, he would need the man in the shaft holding the fall (the rope's end) to be an accomplice and counter-balance Bruce's rope climb with his own weight. While this would be possible, I highly doubt the fellow whose job it was to hold the tackle fall had such collusion in his job description as keeper of the rope, if you understand what I'm saying. I'm sure he would be punished severely for aiding any climbers in any way other than to counter-balance and break their fall when the climber lost his grip and fell.

Perhaps the extras on the blu-ray will shed some added light to this or prove my observations wrong. I look forward to seeing how everything was done. :twothumbsup:

ehhh.....that's not a good excuse tbh.

I was just thinking about Talia's death scene. Not how bland it was. But I preceived it as Bruce would. He watches her die to fullfil her father's so called destiny. He also wants to live up to his father's legacy. I think that made a huge impact on him. For a time he wanted to do the same thing but when he saw it first hand how sad it was.

Also I think it's sweet in a twisted way that she died thinking she made her father proud. Bruce saw that he didn't have to die to make his proud.
Say Girl

Baniac wrote:
The rope itself is not attached to the wall. One end of the rope is tied around the climber's torso while the other end is held by the muscular prisoner you see at the base of the shaft where the climber first starts. The rope runs up to what is no doubt a type of block and running tackle (pulley system) fastened to the shaft wall. So in order for Bruce to "climb" the rope instead of the wall, he would need the man in the shaft holding the fall (the rope's end) to be an accomplice and counter-balance Bruce's rope climb with his own weight. While this would be possible, I highly doubt the fellow whose job it was to hold the tackle fall had such collusion in his job description as keeper of the rope, if you understand what I'm saying. I'm sure he would be punished severely for aiding any climbers in any way other than to counter-balance and break their fall when the climber lost his grip and fell.
If you've ever gone climbing you would know that the man at the base would only be supporting half of Bruce's weight. The weight of the climber is cut in half once it's arranged like that, thats the entire point of the spotter. There really are no excuses.

This movie ate da poo poo
Why you lurking my page brah?

I think Batman Begins was definitely the best of Mr. Nolan's trilogy, it felt more theatrical and like a stage-play. However Rises was still awesome.

Oh and Tom Hardy as Bane! SWOON <3 <3 <3
Queen Bitch

I thought Rises was the weakest of Nolan's trilogy there were many plot holes and things that didnt make much sense to me. For example when Bruce climbed out of the pit how did he make it back to Gotham and we as the audience have no idea where he is. He had no money or resources to get back to Gotham. This is just one of many plot holes that I noticed while watching the film. :batface: In my opinion Batman Begins is the best followed by a close second TDK. Rises isn't even on the same level as those two films.

wbmclamb45 wrote:I thought Rises was the weakest of Nolan's trilogy there were many plot holes and things that didnt make much sense to me. For example when Bruce climbed out of the pit how did he make it back to Gotham and we as the audience have no idea where he is. He had no money or resources to get back to Gotham. This is just one of many plot holes that I noticed while watching the film. :batface: In my opinion Batman Begins is the best followed by a close second TDK. Rises isn't even on the same level as those two films.
'

wbmclamb45 wrote:I thought Rises was the weakest of Nolan's trilogy there were many plot holes and things that didnt make much sense to me. For example when Bruce climbed out of the pit how did he make it back to Gotham and we as the audience have no idea where he is. He had no money or resources to get back to Gotham. This is just one of many plot holes that I noticed while watching the film. :batface: In my opinion Batman Begins is the best followed by a close second TDK. Rises isn't even on the same level as those two films.
Have you ever wondered how Bruce travelled around the world in BB after he destroyed his ID and gave his money too a hobo? No.
Have you ever wondered how Joker managed to put explosives in Gotham Hospital? No.
TDKR did at least explain how all those explosives got in there.
There are as many plot holes in BB and TDK as there are in TDKR. I wouldn't be pissed if people were fair and logicly criticizes the three movies but no they only criticizes TDKR while thinking that BB and TDK were plotholes free.
Be fucking fair!

Mahiya_Borden wrote:
Have you ever wondered how Bruce travelled around the world in BB after he destroyed his ID and gave his money too a hobo? No.
Have you ever wondered how Joker managed to put explosives in Gotham Hospital? No.
TDKR did at least explain how all those explosives got in there.
There are as many plot holes in BB and TDK as there are in TDKR. I wouldn't be pissed if people were fair and logicly criticizes the three movies but no they only criticizes TDKR while thinking that BB and TDK were plotholes free.
Be fucking fair!
:clap:
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."