NF Reviews/Reactions Only

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Skyab23 wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Your point fails here because you missed what Ra's said in Begins.

"The training is nothing! The will is everything! The will to act."

All you need is the will to act and Blake has it.
Seriously? Bruce had 7 years of elite training to become Batman and you're just going to disregard and throw all of that out the window? All that he went through in Begins, and yet all he needed was the will, he didn't need the skill.
Nowhere does it show him putting on the cowl. Bruce knew he had the will, heart, and physical ability to become a Batman like figure, but its not a fact that he does become one (Which would imply more training). Its left open for us to decide.

Based4Life wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:
Seriously? Bruce had 7 years of elite training to become Batman and you're just going to disregard and throw all of that out the window? All that he went through in Begins, and yet all he needed was the will, he didn't need the skill.
Nowhere does it show him putting on the cowl. Bruce knew he had the will, heart, and physical ability to become a Batman like figure, but its not a fact that he does become one (Which would imply more training). Its left open for us to decide.
His name his Robin of course it is what he becomes, I do not think it is debatable.

Allstar wrote:
Based4Life wrote:
His name his Robin of course it is what he becomes, I do not think it is debatable.
Show me where there is exact evidence of him putting on the cowl? You can't. Because its not there. Its left open to our imagination.

Forum Pro
Law
Based4Life wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Show me where there is exact evidence of him putting on the cowl? You can't. Because its not there. Its left open to our imagination.
His name being Robin doesn't mean he's automatically going to be this crime fighting vigilante

Based4Life wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Use your noodle, all the evidence is there to come to the logical conclusion.

Wow. Did people really miss the point of John Blake and the movie? You guys are taking it too literally. The whole "will to act" is to get across the point that anyone can be Batman, anyone can make a difference. Whether it's as a cop a caped crusader or giving a jacket to a child to let him know it's not the end of the world.

The whole point of The Dark Knight Rises, the whole point of the TRILOGY is that anyone can make a difference if they try. Whether robin puts on the cowl or not is fucking IRRELEVANT!

Allstar wrote:
Based4Life wrote:
Use your noodle, all the evidence is there to come to the logical conclusion.
:roll: Its never shown, just implied. For all we know he never used what he found.

Based4Life wrote:
Allstar wrote: Use your noodle, all the evidence is there to come to the logical conclusion.
:roll: Its never shown, just implied. For all we know he never used what he found.
It is heavily implied and for a reason.

Allstar wrote:
Based4Life wrote: :roll: Its never shown, just implied. For all we know he never used what he found.
It is heavily implied and for a reason.
Its implied but not shown. Therefore, I can think what I want about what happens as can anyone else.

Based4Life wrote:
Allstar wrote: It is heavily implied and for a reason.
Its implied but not shown. Therefore, I can think what I want about what happens as can anyone else.
But one option is a logical conclusion and anything else is a pure guess with nothing to back it up.