NF Reviews/Reactions Only

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Anyway
I am glad they showed Bruce but by the look on Alfred's face you know he spotted him
Say Girl

Just got back from a 2nd screening and I think I love the movie even more. It helped me catch a lot of little details I missed the first time around.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me seeing things but...
At the end, when you see The Bat flying over the water with the bomb from Blake's point of view, I could have sworn I saw a tiny figure dropping from The Bat into the water. If someone else could confirm this I'd greatly appreciate it as I'm not 100% sure if I saw it or if I'm hallucinating lol

anakin234 wrote:Just got back from a 2nd screening and I think I love the movie even more. It helped me catch a lot of little details I missed the first time around.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me seeing things but...
At the end, when you see The Bat flying over the water with the bomb from Blake's point of view, I could have sworn I saw a tiny figure dropping from The Bat into the water. If someone else could confirm this I'd greatly appreciate it as I'm not 100% sure if I saw it or if I'm hallucinating lol

Well if it's the case it makes no sense for we can see Batman in The Bat, looking at the horizon (and it's definitely not bulduings), 5 seconds before the bomb explode... :think:

Redsmile wrote:Anyway
I am glad they showed Bruce but by the look on Alfred's face you know he spotted him
I'm just glad they showed him cause on the other side of that table was Selina. That pretty much perished any kind of inception ending.

I'm glad they showed Bruce so there wouldn't be a long-ass discussion on NolanFans about it.

Just come back for my second time.
I still love it but to things bother me:
- Bane 's voice (a little bit)
- Bruce alucination (tha't not Nolan, sorry)

Robbman wrote: I think I might not have explained myself well. I'm not saying that it's not a likeable film (I loved it), and that it doesn't have its moment of humor or lightheartedness.. but in general, this world is a dark, dark place.. the darkest its been in these movies and that creeps into the psyche while watching. I think that's the source of critics and fans alike that have problems with the film. This is not the same Gotham we saw in either of the two installments in that it is at its lowest point, Bruce Wayne is at his lowest point, Wayne Enterprises is crumbling. There's a lot of emotional, spirtitual and literal decay going on and we've never seen circumstances so dire. That's Nolan's biggest success in this film, is conveying that feeling throughout the movie. The ending is bittersweet, not tremendously uplifting.

I'm agreeing with you that this film doesn't have definitive plot holes, that was really an answer to a post somewhere above.
I agree with you that TDKR is a dark, dark place but then, so was TDK. I even thought it was worst because TDK was about "not believing in humanity" wherease TDKR showed how only some people were evil and it depended of the conditions they'd grown in. TDK was also about hiding the truth because people might not be able to handle it, sacrificing yourself for others, good turning evil. IMO, TDKR was about hope, how when everything seems gone/destructed there's still hope, there's still a reason to fight for your life. Yes, in the end there's no more Gotham but it's time for everyone to start a new life, build their own town and make it a better place. The whole movie was a message of hope, so I can't really say it's darker than TDK.
m4st4 wrote:
huskerdu wrote:
If you want it to be.
It's 100% real. Selina Kyle confirms it. If it weren't for her... And there are many other factors too.
Yep, this isn't Inception but people seem to keep forgetting it... :roll:
prince0gotham wrote: Dreams don't have a contextual sense in Batman. Even if they did, the story's ending didn't switch to one character's POV to imply the room for suggestion that it was a dream. And why would it be 'wishful thinking'? Oh the ending is just Alfred's wishful thinking". How does that sound? The trilogy has used a lot of flashbacks, on several occasions it used hallucinations (when there was hallucinogenic effect) and once it showed a flashbacky-dream-cameo-appearance when Bruce was totally in the physical and psychological state of hallucinating.
THIS... Enough said to prove it wasn't some dream... :roll:
anikom15 wrote:
I'm glad they showed Bruce so there wouldn't be a long-ass discussion on NolanFans about it.
Yeah, right... That's what I thought as well... :|

Well showing him at the table still has not stopped some people from saying he is dead lol
Say Girl

Officially the coolest 70+ NF - my friend's grandmother loved TDKR! :D Her favorite movie is Kill Bill Vol.2, for the record.

I have finally seen TDKR!!!, the film came out July 25 here in Belgium, unfortunately i couldn't see it sooner because of my work, but yesterday with highly anticipation i finally saw it!
I waited 4 years for this movie, i remember when TDKR was officialy annouced, from that moment on, i was checking IMDB always for the latest news and rumors, and then last year i joined this fantastic site, the filming for TDKR was about to start at that time, so with great joy i was coming to NF forums every single day to know about all the production news and set photos, i was literally counting down the days.
Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and Inception are my favorite films of all time, these films will always be a very big part of my life!
I remember seeing Batman Begins in the cinema back in 2005, i was 16 at that time, when i saw that film my life and my personality actually changed, it's hard to explain, but mainly because of Chris Nolan my life changed back then, that's when i became a Chris Nolan fan, so these films mean a lot to me!
When i was sitting in the cinema yesterday i realized that special day had finally come!!!
here is my review with spoilers:
The first thing i noticed right away was the cleaned up Bane's voice, it was different from the bootleg version of the prologue what i saw back in december, i remember people complaining about his voice, but i personally never had any problems to understand him, but i understand Chris Nolan's decision to change his voice a little bit, and i thought his voice was perfect, it was menacing, very scary and mysterious, and his accent was more clearer then before, i really liked that!
From the beginning to the end you can really see and feel the dark gritty tone of the film, just like the two previous films, that was always one of the things i love the most about this franchise, so that was really perfectly done!
The story was written brilliantly, the entire film was an emotional, intense, incredible and EPIC journey, but this film also has his flaws of course, just like any other film, but i had goosebumps the entire time, my heart was pounding, many times i had to hold my tears, TDKR really is a once in a lifetime experience!

About the characters, the characters were brilliantly written, they had charisma and were very interesting and i thought you could really connect with these characters, but if i must say, there were too many characters in this movie, that was a bit too bad, that screentime could be filled with more attention to the mainly characters of the film, but overall the characters were so awesome and brilliant!
Bruce Wayne/Batman: I really loved his story, it was a very emotional journey, the perfect last challenge for Bruce Wayne, but i only wished that we had seen a little more of Batman in this story, doing detective work and more.

Bane: Really awesome villian, i hate when people are comparing him with the Joker, he's a very different type of villian, but to be honest in general the Joker was a better villian then Bane, but that's because the Joker was truly perfection, he was the best of the best, the ultimate villian, so, but Bane was a great villian, absolutely terrifying and intimidating, he was a perfect physical threat to Batman, but one little complain, i wanted to see a little more of Bane's back story, i wanted to see more scenes with his connection with Talia and Ra's when he was younger.

Selina Kyle/Catwoman: By far the best interpretation of Selina/Catwoman i ever seen, but also the best female character of any Nolan films, but also with this character, i wanted to see a little more of Selina Kyle's personal dark story, and also i wanted more scenes of her in the Catsuit as a burglar, while using her goggles, so that was also a little disappointing, but she was totally fantastic, badass, sexy, interesting and fun to watch!

John Blake 'Robin': Really refreshing character exactly what this story needed, he was brave, an idealist, a really interesting character, someone you can relate and compare to Bruce Wayne in a way, i was really suprised to see him become the new Batman in the end, but it absolutely worked perfectly, and i was really satisfied about that!

Talia Al Ghul/Miranda Tate: A good addition to the characters, i loved her twist in the story and her connection with Bane, i always had a feeling she was Talia, but i wished they had done her Talia revealing much sooner in the film, we only see her like Talia for 10 minutes, that was too bad.

Every Actor did an incredible job!
Christian Bale: This was his best Bruce/Batman performance of all three, once again he really brings life and depth to the character, you can really feel a broken and struggling Bruce, for me Christian has always been the perfect Bruce Wayne/Batman!

Tom Hardy: He did an outstanding job, he did a lot of acting only with his expression in his eyes, and his movement, Bane is a very difficult role to play, and Tom was really perfect for this role!

Anne Hathaway: She is the best Selina/Catwoman ever, she really understand this complexed character, her movement, her voice, her fighting skills, her sexyness, everything she did was done perfectly, from the moment she was cast, i always knew Anne would be the perfect Catwoman in Nolan's Gotham City!

Joseph Gordon-Levitt: He really brings charisma into the character, you really relate to John Blake 'Robin', and that's because he really gives a outstanding performance, he brings that awesomeness to the character, Joe was the perfect choice to become the new Batman!

Sir Michael Caine: I actually cried in every scene he was, he acted so beautiful, so emotional, it was just WOW!

And the rest: Marion Cotillard, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, they all did a very good job and cool cameos by Liam Neeson and Cillian Murphy!

About the Ending: for me it really was absolutely perfect, when Alfred sees Bruce and Selina sitting in that café in Italy, that was a very happy and emotional moment, i was so happy he was still alive,
Bruce wanted Alfred to know that he was okay, and that he had listened to Alfred's advice and that he was ready to move on with his life, i also was very happy to see that Bruce and Selina were together, i was always hoping that they would end up together, and the ending with John Blake 'Robin' where he goes into the batcave, and then just like Bruce in Batman Begins, the bats starts flying around him, he's also holding a light, that was a very awesome moment, and then when he steps up the platform and platform goes up along with Hans Zimmer score, that was a very special moment, goosebumps everywhere, for me it was truly the PERFECT ENDING!
Now if i want i can talk all day and write a 10 page review about this Brilliant Incredible Film, :-D
but i'm not gonna do that, this is good enough. Hehe :)

The thing i also love so much about this trilogy is that each film is different in his own way, three different kind of films, of course you can debate which film is the better one, but i don't see it that way, they all had some of the same elements of course, but BB had a different unique theme and feeling, just like TDK and TDKR, they all had they're own different kind of unique theme and feeling, and that's what make this the greatest franchise/trilogy of all time!

When i woke up this morning, knowing that the franchise that i always loved the most has ended forever, it was very strange, emotional and sad, knowing that this was Chris Nolan last Batman Film, and also the last time seeing Christian in the Batsuit, it is truly a bittersweet feeling, but for me this was the perfect conclusion to the greatest trilogy and franchise ever,
and i wanna Thank Chris Nolan and Christian Bale and EVERYONE who worked on this beautiful franchise!

TDKR is almost perfect, the story was brilliant, the acting was outstanding, EVERYTHING WAS ALMOST PERFECTION!
The Dark Knight Rises is BRILLIANT, FANTASTIC, INCREDIBLE, BEAUTIFUL, AWESOME and EPIC!!!
Score: 9.5/10

And this is my final score for the The Dark Knight Trilogy:
Batman Begins: 9.5/10
The Dark Knight: 10/10
The Dark Knight Rises: 9.5/10

Thank You again Chris Nolan for making the greatest and my favorite Films of all time,
and also Thank You for changing my life!!! :goNF: :goNF: :goNF: :goNF: :goNF: