NF Reviews/Reactions Only

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I will give my full impression at a later date as I now have to catch a flight.

In summary, it was incredible.

I stumbled across this review though by the snarky and outstandingly annoying Anthony Lane:

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/c ... inema_lane

Those of you who have seen the film, can you point out all of the ridiculous flaws of this review? It's as if he wrote this half asleep and on Coke. WTF is he talking about?

My first reaction:
Awesome, but definately not the best of the trilogy.

I'm in the train right now, heading home to get some sleep (it's been over 26h since I got out of bed). When I wake up again (I think in an hour of 6), I'll try to write a more detailed review.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

um...don't even know what to say, really. i think when you anticipate a movie this much and for this long and you actually watch it and it is this sprawling beast of a thing--it's really difficult to process. i know i liked it. but i also know i need to see it again (and in IMAX next time). right now i can only say i'm confident that i don't like it as much as TDK, Memento, or Inception...but possibly more than the rest of Nolan's films. i dunno, though, there are numerous sequences that gave me cold chills. i can definitely see this being a grower. i will say that i can't stop thinking about it...and, boy, is there a lot of it to think about.

Epic127 wrote:I will give my full impression at a later date as I now have to catch a flight.

In summary, it was incredible.

I stumbled across this review though by the snarky and outstandingly annoying Anthony Lane:

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/c ... inema_lane

Those of you who have seen the film, can you point out all of the ridiculous flaws of this review? It's as if he wrote this half asleep and on Coke. WTF is he talking about?
i dunno, that review is all over the place.

I love Tom Hardy. I love Tom Hardy's eyes. I love Tom Hardy's tears.

The motherfucking Batman don't need no ropes.

I love Bane's sass. I love how he appericated the National Anthem.

I love that GIF.

BUT

Srsly Nolan?
Robin?

And the 9/11 imagery made me really fucking sad.

The ending was beautiful but not what I honestly expected Nolan to do. That man has balls the size of tangerines.

That ending sealed exactly what Batman is and what Nolan's Batman set out to do. Its the perfect ending for this particular Batman story.

Just came back from Midnight. Some reviewers were on crack. This was BETTER than The Dark Knight by so many miles. The ending was so emotional, I found myself crying. Honestly, the best movie of the year. Thank you Nolan, thank you for such an exhilerating trilogy.

I just came back from IMAX theater - 9.5/10
Love Tom Hardy performance. Also Liam Neeson and Cillian Murphy cameos.
I took off my hat with Anne Hathaway too!
It was the right ending of the trilogy in my opinion!

Epic. Truly epic. I need another viewing just to make sure I'm not smoking crack but I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it as much the second time around as I did the first.

Here is how I would grade the Dark Knight Trilogy (with my tentative grade for The Dark Knight Rises included)

Batman Begins: 9/10 (A)
The Dark Knight: 9.5/10 (A+)
The Dark Knight Rises: 10/10 (A+)*

*Tentative score

I think the time is finally right for my review. I saw the movie two days ago, and didn't know what to think about it. However, as the time went by, the film was on my mind every minute(Not many films have done that). Its a film that will stick with you for a long time! I really think, as every minute passes the film gets better and better. It surely deserves multiple viewings, as there are soo many things happening at once! It was a great ending IMO. The best trilogy ever to be made. Ever.