NF Reviews/Reactions Only

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
what's chee's and alexhaas admin reactions

TJ418 wrote:It is almost like Nolan read my mind and gave me what I wanted . Before the cast villains were announced I was hoping Catwoman and Bane would be in it ... I am not as high on the Riddler as some fans are .

Iwas also hoping for the ending scenarion
Of Bruce faking his death and running off with Selina ... Call me a softy but I I always been a big fan of them in the comics more so than than Supes /Lois ...
I know everyone had their own ideas on how it would end or wanted to end , but man I got the dream ending that I wanted So when this fan saw what happened :tooexcited: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Awesome. I know I had the Dark Knight Returns ending in my head, just because it felt like an ending Nolan would do, but that would be too obvious for him. One could argue that he sort of did it, just in his own way.

Edit: and as for Villains, I had no preconceived notions, just thought the Riddler would be too similar to the Joker, so I'm glad they didn't go that route.

I don't post here much, but here is my reaction to all three.

Batman Begins: xxxxing awesome. I continue to feel the same, even after multiple viewings. It's perfect enough for me to not care one bit about any flaws or plot holes.

The Dark Knight: What ever. It dragged, and on later viewings I have failed to maintain interest due to the over complicated plans of characters. Some plans rely on another character having another plan which the original character could never have known about to make their orginal plan work. There is much more of this kind of thing going on in this movie.

The Dark Knight Rises: Why did I bother. I won't even try a second or third viewing to see if my opinion changes.

Jason wrote:I don't post here much, but here is my reaction to all three.

Batman Begins: xxxxing awesome. I continue to feel the same, even after multiple viewings. It's perfect enough for me to not care one bit about any flaws or plot holes.

The Dark Knight: What ever. It dragged, and on later viewings I have failed to maintain interest due to the over complicated plans of characters. Some plans rely on another character having another plan which the original character could never have known about to make their orginal plan work. There is much more of this kind of thing going on in this movie.

The Dark Knight Rises: Why did I bother. I won't even try a second or third viewing to see if my opinion changes.

Celestin wrote:
Jason wrote:I don't post here much, but here is my reaction to all three.

I echo Celestin's sentiments.

Thanks guys.

You shouldn't let my lack of enthusiasm of TDKR get to you as it is not an attack on people that do like it.

I have a recurring reaction to many trilogies and quadrilogies. That is that I really like the first one, maybe even love it. But from there on it seems to go down hill from my perspective.

So don't think I'm just here to wind up everyone that likes or loves it.

Jason wrote:Thanks guys.

You shouldn't let my lack of enthusiasm of TDKR get to you as it is not an attack on people that do like it.

I have a recurring reaction to many trilogies and quadrilogies. That is that I really like the first one, maybe even love it. But from there on it seems to go down hill from my perspective.

So don't think I'm just here to wind up everyone that likes or loves it.

07202012 wrote:So who cried?
I know I did.
"You trusted me, and I failed you." :cry:

I didn't cry, but my tears watered during Alfreds emotional talk with Bruce revealing he is leaving and that Rachel was not in love with Bruce and during Alfreds I failed you at the end in the Wayne Burial grounds.

My eyes also watered when Selina told Batman she was sorry to keep letting him down and for him to leave the city with her and the final kiss Selina gave Batman at the end.

Rashed801 wrote:Long time lurker.. Way before the movie came out, enjoyed reading all your posts :)

i personally have seen this movie only once, but i need too see it a few more times before i rate this movie. I don't think its better than TDK, but i will have to wait and see after my 1st viewing. Ill give my review ones i see the movie a 2nd time over this weekend.

I wanted to post something about the criticism this movie is getting, because i think none of us have even touched on this topic.

The soul reason why i believe lot of people are disappointed in TDKR or have serious criticism towards it is because one plain reason in my opinion... and that's the movie INCEPTION.

When INCEPTION came out.. people became wayyy too over-analytical because Inception was a type of a movie that required us to do that in order fully understand and appreciate the movie. We were looking at the tiniest detail like Leo's ring, or what clothes they were wearing, or what each scene meant, or how many wrinkles Saito had. I think Nolan should have released Inception after TDKR... because of Inception, we are looking into every close-super-tiny-detail about TDKR, that we are forgetting that this is a comic-book movie, and that "plot holes" as you may call it, do exist in these types of genres, he cannot show every tiny detail in a super-hero movie. TDK also had major plot holes, but we didn't discuss them because they were completely over-shadowed by Heath Ledger's performance.. and we warent THAT analytical of his movies because Inception didn't come out yet. Most of us kinda thought TDKR would be the type of a movie Inception was.. hence we are seeing so many issues/flaws in the movie that we don't have an answer for them, where as Inception did have an answer for all of them when we looked through the magnifying glass and studied the movie like no other. So i honestly think most of us are very biased towards this movie because of Nolan's Inception.

Just wanted to let you guys know what i think :)

"Alot of people are disappointed with the TDKRises and have "serious criticism"??

Hmm...TDKRises is a universally LOVED film buddy!

Pay attention! :goNF:

DKnight007 wrote:
07202012 wrote:So who cried?
I know I did.
"You trusted me, and I failed you." :cry:

I didn't cry, but my tears watered during Alfreds emotional talk with Bruce revealing he is leaving and that Rachel was not in love with Bruce and during Alfreds I failed you at the end in the Wayne Burial grounds.

My eyes also watered when Selina told Batman she was sorry to keep letting him down and for him to leave the city with her and the final kiss Selina gave Batman at the end.
Well, don't be too sad. At least they're doing plenty of smooching after the movie ends.