NF Reviews/Reactions Only

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
No one?

Reaveybeach wrote:What exactly stopped people in the pit from not using the rope to climb to the middle of the pit? Like rope climbing I mean. This is still not perfectly clear to me.

Why don't they just hold on to the rope on the left instead of climbing up on a wall?

Really?
Brave New World

Reaveybeach wrote:What exactly stopped people in the pit from not using the rope to climb to the middle of the pit? Like rope climbing I mean. This is still not perfectly clear to me.

Why don't they just hold on to the rope on the left instead of climbing up on a wall?
... I guess you've never gone climbing.

Reaveybeach wrote: Why don't they just hold on to the rope on the left instead of climbing up on a wall?
They could. Only goes to the jumping platform though.
... I guess you've never gone climbing.
What do you mean?

In that pic the dude looks like he is going down the wall..
Say Girl

Come one, you know what I mean. If I would see that rope I would use it to rope climb on that wall, why would I hold on to rocks on a wall when I can firmly grip a rope hanging right next to me?

Reaveybeach wrote:Come one, you know what I mean. If I would see that rope I would use it to rope climb on that wall, why would I hold on to rocks on a wall when I can firmly grip a rope hanging right next to me?
Yep. It doesn't make much sense.

Reaveybeach wrote:
Cause it's not the way Nolan wanted it.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Omg, my bad :facepalm: Bruce switched off all paparazzi cameras with remote device! I noticed that only after 4 watching :lol: it was genius.

Jonas Agersø wrote:
Reaveybeach wrote:Come one, you know what I mean. If I would see that rope I would use it to rope climb on that wall, why would I hold on to rocks on a wall when I can firmly grip a rope hanging right next to me?
Yep. It doesn't make much sense.
The rope itself is not attached to the wall. One end of the rope is tied around the climber's torso while the other end is held by the muscular prisoner you see at the base of the shaft where the climber first starts. The rope runs up to what is no doubt a type of block and running tackle (pulley system) fastened to the shaft wall. So in order for Bruce to "climb" the rope instead of the wall, he would need the man in the shaft holding the fall (the rope's end) to be an accomplice and counter-balance Bruce's rope climb with his own weight. While this would be possible, I highly doubt the fellow whose job it was to hold the tackle fall had such collusion in his job description as keeper of the rope, if you understand what I'm saying. I'm sure he would be punished severely for aiding any climbers in any way other than to counter-balance and break their fall when the climber lost his grip and fell.

Perhaps the extras on the blu-ray will shed some added light to this or prove my observations wrong. I look forward to seeing how everything was done. :twothumbsup: