NF Reviews/Reactions Only

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
dafox wrote:I was disappointed

Maybe you just didn't get the ending film of the Bat Trilogy YOU wanted, but what the people deserved now. :thumbup:

What he said. :lol:

"When art imitates life"

dafox wrote:I was disappointed
:|

It was amazing. I don't think the end had as much punch as Inception but damn close.
Say Girl

After seeing it already four times in IMAX, I must say, that TDKR is one of the best movie experience ever in my life. In my severe scale it has a very strong 8/10 and goes to favourite.

It was incredibly beautiful seeing it on a real IMAX screen with it actually being filmed on IMAX cameras. Sad to know that that kind of beauty isn't embraced by the majority of filmmakers now, and can very soon die out completely.
That being said, it's pretty much my top out of the three in the trilogy. An extremely satisfying ending, and probably the best third film of a trilogy IMO (didn't really like LOTR: ROTK).

I think that as a stand alone film that The Dark Knight Rises is a good film its not a great film by any means and thats partly due to the footage that was cut. But I thought that it did its job in bringing this Legend of the Dark Knight to a proper end.

:: What I liked ::
- The Story / Themes / Characters / Score

:: What I Didn't Like ::
- The Edits

:: Thoughts ::

Christopher Nolan has done to Batman what has never been done in the literature or in any other adaptation
The Batman became an Idea
. Much like with Zorro
anyone can wear the mask thats not the point its the idea that the mask represents that calls people to it
. And I think thats a concept that is missed in the literature. What ever shape the Batman franchise takes after Nolans Dark Knight Trilogy will have to go its on route as it will never be able to eclipse an Idea.

:clap:

Dafox:
disappointed

I concur

I saw the film four times. Once in Liemax in Istanbul, twice in 35mm in Ireland, and once at the prestigious 15/70 IMAX at the Lincoln Square AMC theatre in New York... in that order.

First time (Istanbul, Turkey/Digital Liemax): great experience, but was unsure how I ranked the film
Second time (Newbridge, Ireland/35mm): better experience, thought for certain its the best of the trilogy
Third time (Dublin, Ireland/35mm): got very bored but I blame this on the shite quality of the cinema
Fourth time (New York/70mm IMAX): tied for the best movie experience of my life (with TDK IMAX and Inception IMAX)

in summation, if you're not doing it in 15/70 IMAX, you're doing it wrong.

and as for the film itself, I say its just about tied-even with TDK in terms of quality. equally brilliant films. TDKR might be 0.2 points higher on the scale