Just saw TDKR, here's my review ( big time Spoilers)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
great review from the op, pretty much agree with everything he said.

one Q i have though from the film i just thought of after seeing trailer again...
what was Bane and co getting out of the stock exchange, what was it they were downloading on that laptop?

Hey, glad you liked the review, really to do the film justice I'd have to write a small book,
but my mind was bursting with all the images and excitement from the film and I just had
to type it out as fast as I could.

Anyway, about the stock market thing...
As far as I can tell, Bane and his goons hit the stock exchange to run those trades that bankrupt Bruce.
Of course Dagget thought Bane was working for him, and the hit would allow Dagget to take over
Wayne enterprises. But, the trades made Bruce broke, but opened the door for Miranda/Talia to
take over. It was very sneaky. Remember that Bruce nabs the computer goon's computer and
takes it back to the batcave, where he tells Alfred that it was running a bunch of coded trades
(the trades that ruined Bruce).
From a story point of view it gave Bane a chance to show off, bash some skulls and was the
perfect excuse for Bruce to put on the cape again.
All in all, I thought it was a pretty good sequence, I was surprised at how short it was though.
Mind you, there was so much more to come !
Cheers,

yeah nice review ts, btw
did Blake knew Bruce was batman? coz the way he talked when he first met Bruce in his manor seems to indicate that he figured out?

The relationship between evil and greed is explored again in TDKR.
Among others, in BB Dr.Crane had intentions of making money off of Ra's coming to Gotham and destroying it.
In TDK the mafia thought they would profit from letting the Joker take control but ended up being turned on completly.
Again in TDKR
Dagget is promised with riches from a man who wants the city to die. And again is turned on.
This motife in Nolans trilogy establishes evil as the overcoming power in Gotham rather than money and greed.
Brave New World

Batmannerism wrote:Hey, glad you liked the review, really to do the film justice I'd have to write a small book,
but my mind was bursting with all the images and excitement from the film and I just had

As far as I can tell, Bane and his goons hit the stock exchange to run those trades that bankrupt Bruce.
Of course Dagget thought Bane was working for him, and the hit would allow Dagget to take over
Wayne enterprises. But, the trades made Bruce broke, but opened the door for Miranda/Talia to
take over. It was very sneaky. Remember that Bruce nabs the computer goon's computer and
takes it back to the batcave, where he tells Alfred that it was running a bunch of coded trades
From a story point of view it gave Bane a chance to show off, bash some skulls and was the
All in all, I thought it was a pretty good sequence, I was surprised at how short it was though.
Cheers,
Thanks very much, that explains what i was asking.

i know what you mean about writing a book, im seeing again in 24 hours, cant wait.

What actor plays Daggett?

Todd Wayne wrote:What actor plays Daggett?
Burn Gorman i think
Brave New World

Batmannerism wrote:Hey, glad you liked the review, really to do the film justice I'd have to write a small book,

Cheers,
sorry another Q, i did really see the film, put couldnt remember if...
the mayor died? i remember him at the NFL game, in the hospitality bit and remember it all exploding, i cant remember seeing him after that

LetTheGamesBegin wrote:

Cheers,
the mayor died? i remember him at the NFL game, in the hospitality bit and remember it all exploding, i cant remember seeing him after that
mayor exploded to pieces with VIP box

lordsaint wrote:
LetTheGamesBegin wrote:
mayor exploded to pieces with VIP box
thought so, thanks.