Worse than The Dark Knight?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
redbirds wrote:
Tourmie wrote:I don't think so. Everyone I know in person (including myself) considers Batman Begins much weaker than The Dark Knight, with any sort of "classic" status impossible to confer on the first film.

Really? Well, I know a lot of people who actually prefer Begins. Also, yea thats still right now. Im talking about in the future over time. Right now The Dark Knight is relatively recent. I mean, 20 years from now, people will see it more as a whole.
I certainly hope you're right. I feel like this is the Star Wars of our generation, and I don't think that Nolan is going to digitally remaster them and add new characters in 20 years time.

i don't know if this will be seen as being a classic trilogy in the sense Star Wars or LOTR was. You need to 2 immense movies on an immense scale with widespread critical acclaim. I'm talking like 93-94% or above on RT and the general audience widely in agreement.

LOTR was able to do it with 3 movies, Godfather 2, Star Wars 2, but it looks like this Nolan trilogy will stay at 1.

This will be one of my favorite trilogies for sure though.

I wish someday Teddy would get rid of all these noobs for good.

Master Virgo wrote:I wish someday Teddy would get rid of all these noobs for good.
With my post count I'm going to assume you count me among that group. Why, may I ask?

Chris435 wrote:i don't know if this will be seen as being a classic trilogy in the sense Star Wars or LOTR was. You need to 2 immense movies on an immense scale with widespread critical acclaim. I'm talking like 93-94% or above on RT and the general audience widely in agreement.

LOTR was able to do it with 3 movies, Godfather 2, Star Wars 2, but it looks like this Nolan trilogy will stay at 1.

This will be one of my favorite trilogies for sure though.
I'm sorry, but all three of the original Star Wars films are superb. I don't understand how anyone could think Return of the King's anticlimactic bloat and pacing problems measure up with Return of the Jedi (what seems commonly pointed out as some kind of weak link in the trilogy). I'd take any number of scenes from that film over ROTK in its entirety: the speeder-bike chase, confrontation with the Emperor, Jabba's palace and the Sarlacc Pitt, etc. The presence of some fuzzy aliens doesn't diminish it at all.

banepants wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:I wish someday Teddy would get rid of all these noobs for good.
With my post count I'm going to assume you count me among that group. Why, may I ask?
Because you're unfamiliar and frightening to him.
Do you... like pineapple?

Back to the Future is criminally overlooked as a great trilogy

EctoCooler31 wrote:Back to the Future is criminally overlooked as a great trilogy
I completely agree here.
Do you... like pineapple?

EctoCooler31 wrote:Back to the Future is criminally overlooked as a great trilogy
I thought, personally, the third one was horrible. Always enjoyed the first 2 though.

Bourne as well.