Worse than The Dark Knight?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
The only opinion that matters to me, is mine.

It'll probably be like The Godfather: Part I and The Godfather: Part II. Some people will think the first is better, while others will think the second one is better.

Fran wrote:It'll probably be like every sequel. Some people will think the first is better, while others will think the second one is better.
Fixed.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
Fran wrote:It'll probably be like every sequel. Some people will think the first is better, while others will think the second one is better.
Fixed.
hmm, i don't understand.

most sequels seem like they are flat out worse :think:

Cuthalion12 wrote:We all know that The Dark Knight is claimed to be the best comic book movie ever made. We all probably expect that TDKR will be even better... But there are many reviews which claim that TDKR does not top TDK. What do you think? :o

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
Fixed.
The first film is often better than the sequel.

I think in the best trilogies you should have difference in opinions as to which was best. It means all the films were consistent and did their job well.

I still can't decide which LOTR film I like best. As much as I like Empire Strikes Back I like episode 4 best out of The Star Wars films.

Whereas almost everyone will agree that the first Matrix is the best of the trilogy hands down. That's not a good sign of a trilogy. You should have a hard time deciding which is best. Mainly because each one should be filled with memorable things the other doesn't have.

As far as TDKR being worse than TDK. Well I still don't know if I like BB or TDK better so I'm sure TDKR will just be in the mix for me. Unless the ending is everything I want. If that ending is just right TDKR will undoubtedly be my favorite.

Fran wrote:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:
Fixed.
The first film is often better than the sequel.
That's not the point.

Worse sounds a bit harsh. And this thread should be locked for eternity.

the Godfather analogy was a good one. shouldve stuck with that.