RT Guesses ?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Skyab23 wrote:
TJ418 wrote:Im letdown 86 percent . Avengers is at 92 and it was such pedestrian by the numbers film . Bah . Guys like Rex Reed clearly have ussues with Nolan
Yeah but it shouldn't be surprising. With The Avengers, it's just escapist fun that is done quite well, the film isn't trying to be anything else. With TDKR, the film is trying to not only be great and epic in scope but also give a social commentary. There is bound to be more backlash for a film that reaches farther with its plot and discussion.
It doesnt help when social commentators chime in and say stuff about the film to bring preconceived notations on what the film is trying to say. I dont know why people keep comparing TDKR and the Avengers.
Brave New World

SilverHeart wrote:
DKnight007 wrote:

This film RT rating should be in the 90% range not in the high 80's IMO.

Weird.

We also know that stats can be lies....wrapped into more lies.
Math does not change how it works based on your opinion of the movie.

A biased DBAG like Rex Reed score should not be counted. Period!

The Avengers is a cartoon; The Dark Knight Rises is cinema.

The comparison that stems from the fact that they're both borne from the same medium is like comparing 10 Things I Hate About You and Long Day's Journey Into Night because they're both based on plays.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

Rex Reed must hate Nolan. he gave inception below a one star and im looking for TDK
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:Rex Reed must hate Nolan. he gave inception below a one star and im looking for TDK

Below 1 star? LOL Ok, now thats not an opinion. That is just blind hate.

Sure TDKR percentage is lower than the Avengers but take into account it's average rating. Avengers 8.0/10 versus Rises 8.2/10. Sure it's percentage will be lower than TDK but they will have a close rating of TDKR 8.2/10 versus TDK 8.4/10. Plus we also don't have all of the reviews in yet so time will tell.

I posted this in another thread:

I found this on Rex Reed's wikipedia page:
He lives at the Dakota apartment building in New York City. Reed is openly gay.[6]

It really is useless comparing this movie vs 1 like the Avengers for many reasons like people have said they are very different...

It's pretty obvious that Nolan took a lot of risks with this film - knowing what I know now about it our prior expectations really were too high in terms of a RT score. I think once everyone sees it we will likely be amazed at how he is able to bring so much into 1 film and actually get it to work, not everyone will appreciate this or think he succeeded which is why it'll get it's fair share of negative reviews. It's not a coincidence that many of the reviewers who are giving it high marks are being effusive about what kind of film it is - they got the message of what Nolan is trying to convey.

Red Hood wrote:I posted this in another thread:

I found this on Rex Reed's wikipedia page:
He lives at the Dakota apartment building in New York City. Reed is openly gay.[6]
...and?

SilverHeart wrote:
DKnight007 wrote:

This film RT rating should be in the 90% range not in the high 80's IMO.

Weird.

We also know that stats can be lies....wrapped into more lies.
Math does not change how it works based on your opinion of the movie.
Yeah well TDKR still has a higher rating as of now than The Avengers, but they shouldn't be compared so whatev.