Your Nolan Collection and TDKR blu-ray

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Mason wrote:
ryan4butler wrote:Blu ray is the best Dvd is whit but nice and Vhs is slowly coming back
who the fuck
Just some newfag.

Back on topic about the TDKR Blu-ray...I had an idea come to me about what a potential collector's edition trilogy set would consist of. I used what's currently in the best editions of the Blu-rays of both films, and some of my own ideas. So, I present:
THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY: The Ultimate Collector's 10-Disc Box Set

Disc 1: Batman Begins
The film in HD 1080p
Audio commentary from Christopher Nolan/cast members
Isolated score audio track
BD-Live Interactive Picture-in-Picture/Second Screen functionality with never-before seen content and "Community Screening" functionality via dedicated iOS/Android app (see lower down the post)

Disc 2: Batman Begins Special Features
Genesis of the Bat
Batman: The Journey Begins
Path to Discovery
Saving Gotham City
Shaping Mind and Body
Gotham City Rises
Cape and Cowl
Batman: The Tumbler
Media section including all trailers, TV spots, poster art and production stills.

Disc 3: Batman Begins DVD/Digital Copy + Digital Extras
Batman Begins on DVD, with director's audio commentary, isolated score track, and trailers. Also when inserted into computer, it contains a PC/Mac application that enables you to download a digital copy of the film, original shooting script, and the complete recording sessions by Hans Zimmer in either 320kbps MP3, FLAC, or Studio Master quality.

Disc 4: The Dark Knight
The film in HD 1080p, with scenes shot in IMAX expanding to fill entire 16:9 screen.
BD-Live Interactive Picture-in-Picture/Second Screen functionality with never-before seen content and "Community Screening" functionality via dedicated iOS/Android app (see lower down the post)
Gotham Uncovered 1hr documentary featurette

Disc 5: The Dark Knight Special Features
2007 IMAX Prologue as shown with "I Am Legend", presented in 1.44:1 original aspect ratio (pillarboxes either side of 16:9 screen) with audio commentary by DP Wally Pfister
All other scenes shot in IMAX presented in original aspect ratio (see above) with audio commentary by DP Wally Pfister
Batman Tech
Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of The Dark Knight
Gotham Tonight
Media section including all trailers, TV spots, poster art and production stills.

Disc 6: The Dark Knight DVD/Digital Copy + Digital Extras
The Dark Knight on DVD, with scenes shot in IMAX expanding to fill entire 16:9 screen, director's audio commentary, isolated score track, and trailers. Also when inserted into computer, it contains a PC/Mac application that enables you to download a digital copy of the film (in 16:9 with IMAX scenes expanding to fill the screen), original shooting script, and the complete recording sessions by Hans Zimmer in either 320kbps MP3, FLAC, or Studio Master quality.

Disc 7: The Dark Knight Rises
The film in HD 1080p, with scenes shot in IMAX expanding to fill entire 16:9 screen.

Disc 8: The Dark Knight Rises Special Features
2011 IMAX Prologue as shown with "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol", presented in 1.44:1 original aspect ratio (pillarboxes either side of 16:9 screen) with audio commentary by DP Wally Pfister
All other scenes shot in IMAX presented in original aspect ratio (see above) with audio commentary by DP Wally Pfister
13-min TV Special Featurette
(any other making-of featurettes)

Disc 9: The Dark Knight Rises DVD/Digital Copy + Digital Extras
The Dark Knight on DVD, with scenes shot in IMAX expanding to fill entire 16:9 screen, director's audio commentary, isolated score track, and trailers. Also when inserted into computer, it contains a PC/Mac application that enables you to download a digital copy of the film (in 16:9 with IMAX scenes expanding to fill the screen), original shooting script, and the complete recording sessions by Hans Zimmer in either 320kbps MP3, FLAC, or Studio Master quality.

Disc 10: The Dark Knight Reborn - Christopher Nolan's documentary on making the trilogy
More info: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auql1MUlb2w

The Dark Knight Rises would also be released as a separate 3-disc DVD/BD/Digital combo pack with the features listed above for discs 7 to 9. To experience the other films with the unique special features, you would have to purchase the complete trilogy boxset.

Also, The Dark Knight Trilogy: The Second Screen Experience
Downloadable app for iOS and Android tablets, gives users an exclusive look behind the scenes, and also "Community Screening" functionality can be used to host online group screenings of the film, with up to 10 users of the app with either the Trilogy boxset Blu-rays, or The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray from anywhere chatting and commenting using the app with the film in sync for every member of the group chat.

Packaging: Any ideas? Any ideas for goodies like IMAX film prints?

Price: $299.99 (just took the price of the Bond 50 Blu-Ray set)
So what do you people think of this idea? Would you buy it?

antovolk wrote:Back on topic about the TDKR Blu-ray...I had an idea come to me about what a potential collector's edition trilogy set would consist of. I used what's currently in the best editions of the Blu-rays of both films, and some of my own ideas. So, I present:

The film in HD 1080p

Genesis of the Bat
Path to Discovery
Saving Gotham City
Shaping Mind and Body
Gotham City Rises
Cape and Cowl

Batman Begins on DVD, with director's audio commentary, isolated score track, and trailers. Also when inserted into computer, it contains a PC/Mac application that enables you to download a digital copy of the film, original shooting script, and the complete recording sessions by Hans Zimmer in either 320kbps MP3, FLAC, or Studio Master quality.

2007 IMAX Prologue as shown with "I Am Legend", presented in 1.44:1 original aspect ratio (pillarboxes either side of 16:9 screen) with audio commentary by DP Wally Pfister
Batman Tech
Gotham Tonight

2011 IMAX Prologue as shown with "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol", presented in 1.44:1 original aspect ratio (pillarboxes either side of 16:9 screen) with audio commentary by DP Wally Pfister

Disc 10: The Dark Knight Reborn - Christopher Nolan's documentary on making the trilogy

The Dark Knight Rises would also be released as a separate 3-disc DVD/BD/Digital combo pack with the features listed above for discs 7 to 9. To experience the other films with the unique special features, you would have to purchase the complete trilogy boxset.

Downloadable app for iOS and Android tablets, gives users an exclusive look behind the scenes, and also "Community Screening" functionality can be used to host online group screenings of the film, with up to 10 users of the app with either the Trilogy boxset Blu-rays, or The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray from anywhere chatting and commenting using the app with the film in sync for every member of the group chat.

Yes. Sounds awesome.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

antovolk wrote:Back on topic about the TDKR Blu-ray...I had an idea come to me about what a potential collector's edition trilogy set would consist of. I used what's currently in the best editions of the Blu-rays of both films, and some of my own ideas. So, I present:

The film in HD 1080p

Genesis of the Bat
Path to Discovery
Saving Gotham City
Shaping Mind and Body
Gotham City Rises
Cape and Cowl

Batman Tech
Gotham Tonight

Absolutely.

I have all of Nolan's movie on Blu-ray (except the following)

Memento the 10th Anniversary edition Blu-ray which boasts a far superior director approved video transfer.

I have got all the blu-rays of course (For Memento I made a mux with the 10th anniversary video, that is not available here in Italy). I read that Criterion is going to release Following next year in Blu.

I wouldn't pay $300 for that. All I want is new transfers. I just watched BB for the first time on my "new" PJ yesterday and holy shit, I thought TDK looked bad. I had to recheck my system to make sure something wasn't wrong with it. It's probably the shittiest transfer I own. WB needs to wise up and get Nolan and Wally to oversee new transfers for the first two films, and hopefully TDKR doesn't follow the same path.

I wonder how long we will have to wait for a Dark Knight Trilogy box set to be released. I doubt we'll get one as early as this year. They will want to sell single copies of TDKR first. I hope we don't have to wait too long. Maybe holiday season 2013?

Pic or it didn't happen. :judge:

Inception Shooting Script

Inception Film Poster

Batman Begins & The Dark Knight DVD which I'll be watching today in preparation for TDKR

Inception-Original Soundtrack (CD)