Episode 10: Party Movie - December 6, 2009

Here you will find everything that has anything to do with our podcast. This includes topics of discussion on the show and polls that we'll frequently mention.
Episode 10: Party Movie - December 6, 2009

In this episode:

Teddy and Alex talk about the Inception cast being taught to ski, avalanches in Canada, and a recent Tom Hardy interview. They also discuss the end of filming on Inception, and as per routine, they also take time to answer an email question.

Show notes:
http://www.nolanfans.com/survey
http://www.nolanfans.com/netflix

[Direct MP3]

The Direct MP3 link is playing Episode 9 - Arctic Fortress for me :wtf:

Gah! :shock: I guess you can see how all of these threads are formatted the same way.

Copy, paste. ;)

It's fixed now. Thanks for the heads up.

So what did you think of the podcast? Haha.

I'm listening to it right now. I'll give my feedback in approximately 25 minutes.

Great podcast guys! Just filled out the survey as well.

I'm starting to doubt the $200 million figure. It hasn't been confirmed outside of a single tabloid newspaper which isn't exactly credible.

apw
Eternalist wrote:Great podcast guys! Just filled out the survey as well.

I'm starting to doubt the $200 million figure. It hasn't been confirmed outside of a single tabloid newspaper which isn't exactly credible.
Surely that was enough of a reason not believe the figure in the first place? I was surprised at how much people just believed that figure and didn't even question it.

I'm sure this movie has a big budget but not $200m big.

apw wrote:
Eternalist wrote:Great podcast guys! Just filled out the survey as well.

Surely that was enough of a reason not believe the figure in the first place? I was surprised at how much people just believed that figure and didn't even question it.

I'm sure this movie has a big budget but not $200m big.
At least I'm not the only one doubting this $200 million figure. I agree that it probably has a big budget, but not as big as $200 million.

Well in the UK, to qualify for film tax breaks, 25% of the film has to be made here. It's possibly the same thing with other countrrys. Thats possibly why the budget is so high, as they are filming in loads of different countries and they don't qualify for the tax breaks in the respected countrys, like other hollywood films. :geek:

rbevanx wrote:Well in the UK, to qualify for film tax breaks, 25% of the film has to be made here. It's possibly the same thing with other countrrys. Thats possibly why the budget is so high, as they are filming in loads of different countries and they don't qualify for the tax breaks in the respected countrys, like other hollywood films. :geek:
Didn't know that.

But the choice of real locations over sets will definitely increase costs.