Episode 25: Spoiler Style - August 3, 2010

Here you will find everything that has anything to do with our podcast. This includes topics of discussion on the show and polls that we'll frequently mention.
It's not that I don't like the podcast at all, I like them, especially the live ones, I always tune in for those you guys know, and like the chatroom, too.

It's more bc I have different opinion about the materials you guys talked about. For example, the small details you all were picking up. I have seen the movie once but I pay attention to small details a lot but I don't remember Leo shifted his accent. However, I noticed the ring was missing in reality, which first I thought it's a mistake; it reminded me of "Shutter Island," I remember in the first scene, Leo's conversation to Mark Ruffalo, in some shots he didn't have his ring on. Also, I myself liked the haircuts, I didn't think it was funky, I thought it was pretty cool. One another thing was JGL performance with Ellen Page. The reason he was being "mellow" or acting loose to Ellen Page was he didn't wanna scare the crap out of her again. If anybody had seen "The Wind That Shakes the Barley," would expect Cillian to be great in this movie. I also don't believe Ken Watanabe's very short role in Batman Begin makes this movie similar or reminds anybody to "Batman Begins," JGL and Lukas Haas were in "Brick" together and that didn't make me to regret seeing them together before. (OFF TOPIC: Alex are you related to Lukas?:D Just wondering) Plus I thought every actor was deserved to be praised bc everyone did his/her best performance. Tom Hardy also pulled it off very well, I hope he works with Nolan again.About the casting list, wouldn't they usually credit something like "Voice of James - 'name' "? About their shoes, I think their shows in the dreams were dark colors and at the end they were white. I also think it would better if you guys talked about 3-D would kill the storyline; I'm personally happy it's not in 3D. About the score, it's true Hans Zimmer might could do better or it's not his best, but I believe he did the perfect job. Now I listen to it, not that I enjoy it, but the movie perfectly comes into my mind, I was afraid it'd be similar to Batman but greatly it wasn't at least to me.

Sorry for the long reply :p As I said it's more diff opinion, I should had say I disagree rather than dislike. :?

Right. It doesn't sound like you dislike the podcast, but rather disagree with some of our points. You're allowed to have your own opinion.

No relation to Lukas Haas. I'm not sure where he got the idea to steal my last name. A joke like that isn't funny.

AlexHaas wrote: No relation to Lukas Haas. I'm not sure where he got the idea to steal my last name. A joke like that isn't funny.
it was not a joke, i was wondering and being serious, i thought he might be your cousin.

btw, i think the scene leo turns around would be after he accepted Ken's offer, he has the same rain coat on. i hope an extended version of the movie gets released.

SINCEPTION wrote:
AlexHaas wrote: No relation to Lukas Haas. I'm not sure where he got the idea to steal my last name. A joke like that isn't funny.
it was not a joke, i was wondering and being serious, i thought he might be your cousin.
I was being sarcastic at the notion of me being upset that Lukas Haas may've stolen my last name. He is clearly much older than I am.
SINCEPTION wrote:i hope an extended version of the movie gets released.
Doubtful. There has never been an extended cut of a Christopher Nolan film. And I think this film would be the least likely to feature one - this was his baby.

Just got home from the second watch. Yes, as I said the shoes were different. Also Leo told to Ellen that "he can't look at their faces because whenever he wants to call them, they run away," it's not he doesn't want to see their faces but it's not possible. However the final scene with Marion, the reason the kids turn around is a female calls them, if you pat attention the reason they run away it's their grandma or nanny calls them. Plus even Marion called them, they didn't show up at the table.

I can only one thing that the last scene was a dream, is Caine planted or created that dream; he was his professor, and he advised him to come back. But the spinning top OBVIOUSLY slowed down and wobbled.

just came from my 3round, i couldn't believe the whole theater was FULL! My friends and I had to seat in front row :( I absofuckinglutely love Ken Watanabe and Tom Hardy's performances, truly AWESOME! My fav character is Eames, without him INCEPTION wouldn't happen.

I was wondering this time when Leo and Ken wake up in the plane they're not connected to dream machine; I guess they can dream longer when they're unplugged, like Ken in the train.