Introducing the NF Patreon

Nolan Fans forum announcements and news updates are posted here. Forum rules are also posted here. Using our message boards means you understand and accept all rules.
Hey all,

It is with great excitement that today we introduce our Patreon.

As you may have noticed, we’ve begun revamping the forums and website over the last few weeks. We’re humbled by how this community has thrived over the years, and we want to keep being able to support it. But the cost of simply running the site as begun surpass the revenue generated by ads. Rather than resorting to increasing the amount of ads, we wanted to try Patreon first.

We're asking for your support, if you can afford it, because we want to continue maintaining this wonderful community for years to come.

What excites us about this is how it refocuses energy back into the website.

SUBSCRIBER FEATURES

$1 PER MONTH
You’ll receive a special ranking title on the Nolan Fans forums and a blue "Forum Patron" badge next your posts and username.

$3 PER MONTH
You’ll receive special access to the Signatures feature at the Nolan Fans Forums. Personalize your posts on the forums with your own custom signature. You’ll also receive a gold "Forum Pro" badge next your posts and username.

$5 PER MONTH
You'll receive special access to the Nolan Fans Podcast. Join us once per year for a special guest appearance on the show to discuss movies and news. You’ll also receive a gold "Forum Pro" badge next your posts and username.

Yes... you read that right, we’re bringing back signatures AND relaunching the podcast!

Alex and I are super stoked about the future of this community. As this feature set launches, we’ll be optimizing and tailoring benefits to the wants and needs of the community and patrons. We don’t want anyone to subscribe if it in anyway causes you hardship, but for those of you that can pitch in, we’re grateful for your support and dedication to Nolan Fans.

:gonf:

https://www.patreon.com/nolanfans

That's awesome! :gonf:

This sounds very exciting!
but why is the forum all blue for me now? Like the whole thread-list area is with a blue background now? I mean, it's can't-read-the-titles-blue so I'm assuming it's not supposed to be like that?

does that mean mods will start getting salaries for their extremely hard work

prince0gotham wrote:
February 24th, 2020, 1:21 pm
but why is the forum all blue for me now? Like the whole thread-list area is with a blue background now? I mean, it's can't-read-the-titles-blue so I'm assuming it's not supposed to be like that?
yea the view active topics page got wonky. i assume cause they're in the throes of updating the site

Ruth wrote:
February 24th, 2020, 1:56 pm
does that mean mods will start getting salaries for their extremely hard work
i feel the least they could do is retroactively emburse former mods

is there any way we can give one lump sum instead?

prince0gotham wrote:
Fixed!

The Special One wrote:
February 24th, 2020, 4:50 pm
Yes! Patreon doesn't support single donations, but PayPal sure does. If you are inclined to do that, you can click on this magic link. Many, many thanks.

AlexHaas wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 2:06 am
prince0gotham wrote:
Fixed!

The Special One wrote:
February 24th, 2020, 4:50 pm
Yes! Patreon doesn't support single donations, but PayPal sure does. If you are inclined to do that, you can click on this magic link. Many, many thanks.
Excellent !

AlexHaas wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 2:06 am
prince0gotham wrote:
Fixed!
woo thanks yeah this works

We gotta pay for the podcast? :?