Introducing the NF Patreon

Nolan Fans forum announcements and news updates are posted here. Forum rules are also posted here. Using our message boards means you understand and accept all rules.
Would have jumped on this about 8 years ago when the drama was more frequent and more bottled here.

We should pay to Ace.

lmao we have to pay actual real money to use sigs now? ya know, that thing we had for free for years?

we really sinking that quickly huh?

ChristNolan wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 3:02 pm
lmao we have to pay actual real money to use sigs now? ya know, that thing we had for free for years?

Sigs haven’t been a thing since like 2011. We want to provide this as a neat gift for folks that are willing to support us and this community. Curious though where you think the money to run this website comes from.

AlexHaas wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 2:25 am
ChristNolan wrote:

Sigs haven’t been a thing since like 2011. We want to provide this as a neat gift for folks that are willing to support us and this community. Curious though where you think the money to run this website comes from.
I understand that money to run the site isn't in abundance. Trust me, I get it; I work in that field. I also completely support the idea of a Patreon to help out with the costs. I think it's a clever approach, and one you don't see taken often with web forums (the space is flooded with "content creators").

Having titles as rewards is a good idea. Being a guest on the podcast as a reward is also great. But signatures should not be a payable reward. My original point still remains, regardless of how long ago it was, that it was a free part of the forum. Signatures are commonplace in any web forum, and should be free to use for everyone.

That's really my only point. Replace signatures as a tier 2 reward with something that should actually be exclusive. Outside of that, I'm completely on board with the approach.

ChristNolan wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 10:15 am
AlexHaas wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 2:25 am
ChristNolan wrote:

I understand that money to run the site isn't in abundance. Trust me, I get it; I work in that field. I also completely support the idea of a Patreon to help out with the costs. I think it's a clever approach, and one you don't see taken often with web forums (the space is flooded with "content creators").

Having titles as rewards is a good idea. Being a guest on the podcast as a reward is also great. But signatures should not be a payable reward. My original point still remains, regardless of how long ago it was, that it was a free part of the forum. Signatures are commonplace in any web forum, and should be free to use for everyone.

That's really my only point. Replace signatures as a tier 2 reward with something that should actually be exclusive. Outside of that, I'm completely on board with the approach.
Thanks for the feedback, and we appreciate the support, ChristNolan!

Is there a way to block sigs? lol

So this is now officially my first Patreon support. :D

Congrats :clap:

Appreciate everyone's support in these times. :gonf:

TeddyBlass wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 2:53 pm
Congrats :clap:

Appreciate everyone's support in these times. :gonf:
Wow nice, thanks Teddy!

And yeah, after ten years here, had to. .. :gonf:

Anyway, how does one use sigs now? :think:

Edit: nvm