Introducing the NF Patreon

Nolan Fans forum announcements and news updates are posted here. Forum rules are also posted here. Using our message boards means you understand and accept all rules.
Did my best! :)

I wonder if having paid will make people behave better or worse

prince0gotham wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 6:08 pm
Why would it actually make anyone behave better? It likely will make problematic, paying users feel entitled and "needed."

(Not attacking the Patreon or the website at all, I can just see it happening)

ya if anything some people might start acting strange and superior around those who chose to, for whatever reasons, not contribute to the patreon

like i do not see any reason why this should happen over a movie forum but hey stranger things have happened lol

Can I be a mod if I donate?

Bacon wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 6:52 pm
prince0gotham wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 6:08 pm
Why would it actually make anyone behave better? It likely will make problematic, paying users feel entitled and "needed."

(Not attacking the Patreon or the website at all, I can just see it happening)
that's what I'm wondering as well, what you said is one of two options, the other being that if you've paid some bucks then you'd prolly have incentive not to do stuff that would get you banned

i guess among veterans there could be a slight improvement but i guess it's possible there'd be some entitlement between them and newcomers, or anyone else

the_red_ninja wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 3:57 am
We gotta pay for the podcast? :?
No, the podcast is free and always will be. Teddy and I were trying to figure out what we could offer for our most generous patrons and we decided to offer a guest appearance on a podcast episode, so folks that were interested could hang out and join the discussion.

AlexHaas wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 2:32 pm
the_red_ninja wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 3:57 am
We gotta pay for the podcast? :?
No, the podcast is free and always will be. Teddy and I were trying to figure out what we could offer for our most generous patrons and we decided to offer a guest appearance on a podcast episode, so folks that were interested could hang out and join the discussion.
schweet yo.

i should probably make up for a decade of using adblock

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 8:28 pm
i should probably make up for a decade of using adblock
❤️