Hans Zimmer Receives Golden Globe Nomination on Interstellar

Nolan Fans forum announcements and news updates are posted here. Forum rules are also posted here. Using our message boards means you understand and accept all rules.
The 2015 Golden Globe Nominations were announced earlier this morning, and included in said nominations is none other than Hans Zimmer under Best Original Score for his work on Interstellar. This is the composer’s twelfth nomination in the category, including once before for Christopher Nolan’s Inception. He’s previously won Best Original Score in 1995 and 2001 for his scores to The Lion King and Gladiator, respectively. His fellow nominees this year are Alexandre Desplat, Antonio Sanchez, Jóhann Jóhannsson, and Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross.

Additionally, Interstellar actor David Oyelowo was nominated for his performance in Selma, and Jessica Chastain was nominated for her performance in A Most Violent Year, but Interstellar itself nor any of its performances were not nominated for any awards. The Golden Globes do not have any technical or art categories such as Cinematography, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Art Direction, etc. What do you predict Interstellar‘s award season will be like? Do the Golden Globe and SAG nominations a foretell the film’s fate? Be sure to comment your thoughts below!

Nolan did not get nominated!

Teddy, if you are mentioning Oyelelowo's nomination, then why not Chastain too?

Thanks for reminding me! I was going to add it, but it slipped my mind. Like it was so obvious it seemed automatically assumed! haha

TeddyBlass wrote:Thanks for reminding me! I was going to add it, but it slipped my mind. Like it was so obvious it seemed automatically assumed! haha
You're welcome. :)