NF4 Phase 1: Redesign and New Forums

Nolan Fans forum announcements and news updates are posted here. Forum rules are also posted here. Using our message boards means you understand and accept all rules.
m4st4 wrote:HOW DO I DELETE MY MESSAGES? :?:

Stick your hand in blender, turn on.
Not really.
But maybe?

TeddyBlass wrote:
m4st4 wrote:HOW DO I DELETE MY MESSAGES? :?:

Stick your hand in blender, turn on.
Not really.
But maybe?
Tried it, didn't work, almost bled to death.

On the other hand... I still have this, even after I deleted 20+ messages:
Folder is 100% full (250 from 250 messages stored)

I think the work around for now is to delete the messages one by one, as the batch delete isn't working.

TeddyBlass wrote:I think the work around for now is to delete the messages one by one, as the batch delete isn't working.

Yup, still not working. Oh well, don't send me any messages peeps.

m4st4 wrote:
TeddyBlass wrote:I think the work around for now is to delete the messages one by one, as the batch delete isn't working.

Yup, still not working. Oh well, don't send me any messages peeps.
that sucks.

I just got the message from dado, they are deleted, it just doesn't show.

Dado wrote:I still find the lack of contrast a bit confusing in order to differentiate quotes and posts. Couldn't the quote boxes have a little bit more colour, like before?
a reply? Please?

Dado wrote:
Dado wrote:I still find the lack of contrast a bit confusing in order to differentiate quotes and posts. Couldn't the quote boxes have a little bit more colour, like before?
a reply? Please?

^ This a thousand times.

Again, I want to reiterate the hard work put into the new design of the website. I know you guys do this on your free time, and do this to better the overall experience of the Nolanfans community. I've read that various recommendations are being taken into account in order to better the overall experience, which speaks to the openness of the creators, so again, thanks for that. Here are a few of my suggestions, and I'm sure they've been mentioned previously:

- I'd like to see a bit of contrast to the site, specifically separating the thread titles. The only way to differentiate from one to the next is a slightly bigger font size for the title of the topic and thread titles. It's a bit hard on the eyes. Lines separating the subject matter or thread titles I think should be considered.

-Bringing back the star system and or the title system for amount of posts. I think this is fun and separates NolanFans from other websites.

-The search function, and allowing users to enter the URL link of the picture they want to use as their avatar (as well as automatically adjusting the avatar so it will fit the website's dimension requirements). It took me a while to figure out how to adjust my picture just so I could get back an avatar after it was deleted with the new website launch, and a friend of mine on here just gave up on trying to figure out how to do his. It's understandable if there is a dimension requirement for the avatar, but I think there needs to be a way that allows for the website to automatically adjust to those dimensions (like on the old NolanFans).

Dado wrote:
a reply? Please?

If all we do is acknowledge every post, a lot of which repeat suggestions, none of the changes will actually be implemented. So which do you want us to spend time on? Replying or implementing?