Feature Film Writing

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

i am currently writing 3 feature screenplays.
one is not read to be spoken about but the other two are about : the first one is called Phase and has a group of people that can phase (go through) things. it is a thriller with a sci-fi plot. and the other one is about a team that go back in time to kill Hitler before WW2. they are told that there are 3 outcomes. it won't work because it was in the past so it already happed. it will work and the world doesn't have a WW2. or that just by going back that universe rips apart. in the group that go back in time, they each have there own thoughts on what will happened

#1fan wrote:i am currently writing 3 feature screenplays.
one is not read to be spoken about but the other two are about : the first one is called Phase and has a group of people that can phase (go through) things. it is a thriller with a sci-fi plot. and the other one is about a team that go back in time to kill Hitler before WW2. they are told that there are 3 outcomes. it won't work because it was in the past so it already happed. it will work and the world doesn't have a WW2. or that just by going back that universe rips apart. in the group that go back in time, they each have there own thoughts on what will happened
That WW2 one sounds interesting. I am in the early stages of an idea for a road trip dramedy revolving around I-70 in Kansas.

theweatherman wrote:
#1fan wrote:i am currently writing 3 feature screenplays.
That WW2 one sounds interesting. I am in the early stages of an idea for a road trip dramedy revolving around I-70 in Kansas.
intriguing

I am writing 3 scripts but currently I'm handling only one...

1. First 20 Years - This is actually a book a dramatic novel that could turn into a movie about an adolescent who loses anything and enters in the world of mob with nothing to lose creating chaos within chaos for his own search about his own persona, feelings and tries to change the society with his gained power.

2. There, Where I Will Go - It's the script I'm working on right now. It's a love story between a guy who discovers he is sick and gonna die soon so he decides to influence the life of his beloved one and starts doing outrageous things in order to give her the life she should have.

3. The Adventures of Billy Boy - This is a script (book) I actually started to wrote when I was 6 or 7... and I stopped and last year I thought why shouldn't I approach it again. It's about a kid who decides to travel around the globe alone so he faces a lot of dangers but also fun times. I guess it could turn out to be an animation movie.

RIFA wrote: 3 The Adventures of Billy Boy -
that would be a great animation

I'm also working on a sci fi script. Again, it's un-named.

In a dystopian future, in which Earth has developed off world colonies that have now turned to anarchy, four young men and women, all soldiers, are selected to become part of an experiment to enhance their physical capabilities and enforce the law in these planets. However, after the experiment goes wrong, and they all find themselves with different disabilities, the four friends must return to earth, seeking revenge, redemption and a new life for themselves.

I am writing one about a Gonzo journalist sent to Boston.

christophmac wrote:I'm also working on a sci fi script. Again, it's un-named.

In a dystopian future, in which Earth has developed off world colonies that have now turned to anarchy, four young men and women, all soldiers, are selected to become part of an experiment to enhance their physical capabilities and enforce the law in these planets. However, after the experiment goes wrong, and they all find themselves with different disabilities, the four friends must return to earth, seeking revenge, redemption and a new life for themselves.
woah i like this.

for the past year or so it's been gestating in my mind a sci-fi story about a teenager sent to the future to help the army control planet's natives and rebels in part of the galaxy, but she then joins this resistance.

overall it's kind of complex because the period i want to write about covers about 10-20 years (though in the middle she goes back to her time for a while). it's more of a character centered kind of story, but the plot it's turning our pretty good.

Last year I wrote a sitcom, but my producer didn't pitch it good on studio.

Smile wrote:I'm writing 2, just for fun:

ÍDEM: Two identical twins have some touble with the local mob, one of them is a police and the other, a mobster.

Forgetting: A guy comes to his home desperate because he needs to forget what just happened, so an idea comes to his mind, he doesn't sleep so he forget. Trying to not fall asleep, he begins to remember what and why happened.

I wish I could show you some of my screenplays, but I write them in spanish and I' am not the best in english, so I can´t translate them.

(Sorry for my bad english)

I'd love to read some of those, I love spanish films, especially Alfonso Cauron's. Do you know who he is?

On the topic, I've been writing for a long time now. I've been very, "to myself" about them, but I guess I can give you guys an idea of what they're about.

Moonlight Sonata - (This one I actually made as a high school student film with a friend.) It's about a Detective named, William Quinn, who after a history of being the best crime fighter in his city, quits the job due to a mob hit on his wife. After she's killed, he sinks into his couch, and rots away. Suddenly a vigilante who wears a gas mask starts to take out the mob, starting with they're mob bosses, one by one. His signature kill? A shot to the head, then he gases out the building, killing the witnesses. Mysteriously He plays the song by Beethoven, "Moonlight Sonata" during the attacks. William is called back in by his old boss and friend, Chief Fontaine, and investigates the case for old times sake. (aprox. 99pgs)

Margaret Are You Grieving? - ( The Title came from the Poem, "Spring and Fall for a young Child") This one's about a girl named Margaret who accidentally burns down her house with her parents in it. Her guilt eats away at her while she stays with a cousin, Annie. The story surrounds Annie, as she endures normal everyday problems like, a break up, and her friend's problems such as, DAVID's crush, CHLOE'S financial issues, and JONATHAN'S rebellion. As the adolescents roam around her, Margaret realizes that life is a series of moments, some tragic, but she has to keep her eye on the good. (aprox. 99 pgs)

Story Of A Villain - A boy named Gavin, has CO-OCD, (Completely Obsessive Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) which makes him obsessed with order and consistency in his life, and a constant question of his morals. Unfortunately, with trying to cope with this disorder, he develops an imaginary friend. His friend, Cyn, has only one interest. To push Gavin against his own morals, as far as he can. (aprox. 120pgs)

That's just a few, I'm still working on some, but I have lots of Ideas.