"The Hitman" a new short

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Hey Everyone,

I've been following the blog for a while and have been checking out the forum recently. I found the "Aspiring Filmmakers" and thought it was cool to see a lot of people following the dream of film making. Here is a new short called "The Hitman" I did with a friend.

http://vimeo.com/36047909

Let me know what you guys think? Thanks.

Nice short film, man. I love the song pick. The cinematography and atmosphere is brilliant. Well done :clap: :twothumbsup:

BlairCo wrote:Nice short film, man. I love the song pick. The cinematography and atmosphere is brilliant. Well done :clap: :twothumbsup:
Thanks, we really tried to push the Canon 7D as much as we could. We were trying to achieve a David Fincher "back lit" feel. We had a fun time making it.

Besides the music, I could definatley see some 'Fincher-Features' in there. But sill, well done.

Nice job!
One small note. The shade of the hitman when he fires his gun, would never be like that. But apart from that, I didn't see any weird stuff. :)
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

58 seconds in and i'm already loving it

You did a very good job, the camerawork was great. I have a T2i, is that very different from the 7D? Is that camera heavier/does it provide better quality? I've heard it is more rugged, so I am thinking of upgrading.

Really great cinematography! This was very well done overall. Loved the hints of emotion upon him seeing the trike at the end.

ragul712 wrote:You did a very good job, the camerawork was great. I have a T2i, is that very different from the 7D? Is that camera heavier/does it provide better quality? I've heard it is more rugged, so I am thinking of upgrading.
The 7D has better weather proofing, but as far as image quality, they are exactly the same. If you use an external monitor to pull focus, the 7D stays at 1080p when you hit record, where as the T2i down rezes to 480p when recording. From what I've heard, the T4i is right around the corner, as well as the update to the 60D and 7D. So if I were you I would wait to see if any of those cameras have a better actual image then the one you already have.

I really enjoyed it. Great angles, very nice cinematography. Nice effort.