Books

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

I would recommend the book "Screenwriting is Storytelling" by Kate Wright. Besides showing great original ways to make a creative script, it also provides tips for it to sell.

Also, this is my first post on the forum even though I have joined for a month. Hello world :wave:

Alberto wrote:
Mason wrote:I watch film to learn about film.
I am in agreement with your statement, but some books would be really helpful as well :)
For some, I suppose. Not for me, really. I prefer watching interviews, documentaries, and so on. I'm a very visual learner.

Just throwing this in here, I remember hearing that Quentin Tarantino, the director of Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, never went to film school or read books on film. Instead, he learned by going to the movies and working at a video store. Correct me if this is wrong :crazy:

ragul712 wrote:Just throwing this in here, I remember hearing that Quentin Tarantino, the director of Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, never went to film school or read books on film. Instead, he learned by going to the movies and working at a video store. Correct me if this is wrong :crazy:
No, that is 100% correct.

Alberto wrote:
Andrea wrote:Making Movies by Sidney Lumet: one of the best and most interesting I've ever read ;)
I was thinking about that as well, but I'm still a little hesitant. Does it describe the filmmaking process or what? What's it about in short?
I'm halfway through it and Sidney simply tells how it did everything :)