Follow The Rules (Short film)

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Heya NF's
Back in 2010 I made this film as a film-class project with some classmates. As you will notice its a spin-off thing of "Following" (which was the entire idea with project/test). Oh and Teddy provided the AWESOME music for it!
:goNF:

(apologize in advance if any subs is typed wrong)
Last edited by Jones on November 22nd, 2011, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Attack of the malformed URL!
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on November 22nd, 2011, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

solo2001 wrote:Attack of the malformed URL!
Fixed. Thanks :)

Nice ending. The music is fucking brilliant.

This is the best Nolan fan-film I've seen here!
It does not feel like ripping off Following, like some people are making movies of The Dark Knight and Inception. It does feel like a spin-off, an homage! Well done Jonas! The soundtrack is also very good, well done Teddy!

I definately liked this one! :-D

Oh and I found one mistake in the subtitles:
You used the word "properly" instead of "probably".
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Thank you for the feedback Erik!
The entire purpose was to expand the "following" universe with a new story of a different individual who eventually uses his "skills" for other purposes.

There are several typos throughout the film. The subs were a bit rushed to be honest. I didn't want to use too much time on a film I actually finished 1,5 years ago :D Anyway glad you liked it!

It was a great idea to make a short based on the ideas of Following, the set-up is perfect for that. I like how this was neat homage, but not a total copy-cat story. Good work, Jonas. :clap:

Nicely done, very professional. :thumbup:

Nice done :thumbup:

Good job Jonas. I fully expected something close to a rehash of Following, but I'm glad to see you took the concept and translated it effectively into a fresh story.

And nice job with the score Teddy. :thumbup: