RUBRiC

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Z. Cobb wrote:
Mason wrote:
For some reason, I have this interpretation concerning the dead guy. Perhaps, the dead man IS the drifter, and he's encountering himself, possibly leading into further plot openings.

I dunno, just messing with assumptions here. :lol:
it could be, it could not be... I'm currently writing a rough version of the ending. But i'm hoping for some god damn snow in january. :lol: :lol:
We'll be getting snow in January, most likely. Probably until February.

But it sounds good, I want to be kept updated on this. ;)

Mason wrote:
We'll be getting snow in January, most likely. Probably until February.
Yeah I'm going for a very naturalistic approach, which should compliment well with some harsh snow landscapes.
Mason wrote: But it sounds good, I want to be kept updated on this. ;)
no worries will do, as usual.

Just curious, what kinds of films are inspiring you for this - more British social realism or more a more Mann-like visually psychological and stylistic approach?

christophmac wrote:Just curious, what kinds of films are inspiring you for this - more British social realism or more a more Mann-like visually psychological and stylistic approach?
What really inspired me, is that no one has done a Heist Film on Conceptual Art. There has been Art heists that involve paintings and traditional work but nothing like Conceptual, I thought I'd have a go. Films that influenced RUBRiC. The Killing, Clockwork Orange, Heat, TDK, First name: Carmen, the List goes on and on :lol:

I'd probably say RUBRiC has more of a social realism feel, but at times it does become Stylistic, you can tell by a couple of shots that are used within the film that Heat was a big hit at that time for me.

Hey, I've been lurking on this thread for ages, and I just wanted to say I love what's been put up so far, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Any updates on the release date? :thumbup:

Thanks dude, good to know you are looking forward to it, The Premiere will be in the first week of March... so expect the film to be released around that time too.

When is this baby released?

Mason wrote:When is this baby released?
Z. Cobb wrote:Thanks dude, good to know you are looking forward to it, The Premiere will be in the first week of March... so expect the film to be released around that time too.
Dude, the answer us right there... :s
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:
Mason wrote:When is this baby released?
Z. Cobb wrote:Thanks dude, good to know you are looking forward to it, The Premiere will be in the first week of March... so expect the film to be released around that time too.
Dude, the answer us right there... :s
:shh:

LOL.