Idiots - My short film for a school assignment

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Hi guys! I made a few weeks ago a short "film" for a school assignment, and I thought I'd share it with you :) The only problem is that it's in Hungarian - although it doesn't include much talk :D Only a few writings and words, but - because I love you guys so much - I made annotations in English, a kind of subtitle for you to understand :D

The story is about a lame hitman who screwes up his targets all the time, because he can't read properly his victims' names... so, enjoy it :) It's a bit dark I know... but still watchable, I hope :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsjeemhJkfk

You just proved something that many people often forget;

Something good does not have to be complicated. :thumbup:
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Oh, thanks :)

Is this kind of stuff common where you live?

Brendan M. wrote:Is this kind of stuff common where you live?
People with dyslexia, people killing each other in small apartments, or bad quality cameras? :D

DHOPW42 wrote:
Brendan M. wrote:Is this kind of stuff common where you live?
People with dyslexia, people killing each other in small apartments, or bad quality cameras? :D
I was referring to the exaggerated story within the film of everyone killing each other by accident. I was trying to make a joke out of it with my last comment.

Its a pretty funny student film. The camera isn't that bad. As soon as the movie began, the black and white and the average looking guy strangling a woman reminded me of the movie Man Bites Dog .

Brendan M. wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:
I was referring to the exaggerated story within the film of everyone killing each other by accident.
Wow, really good question, thanks for asking that :) I'm glad to answer it.

Well, I can't say anything about Hungarian movies, because Hungarian movie-making nowadays is a sad story. There are very, very few high budget, popular, "mainstream" movies and there are a lot of art movies which... well... very few of them gets to the audience. You'd say Hungarian movie-making is dying, but I'd say it's on the brink of resurrection. I think the answer lies in our nation's cultural past, in particular in our "national humor". I'd even dare to say it stands close to British humor (which I'm a huge fan of). People here are very cynical and were much more cynical in the past, and I think that has to do something with what you're saying. This exaggeration, as you've said quite right. Yeah, I think this is common here :)

And on the other hand, as I've stated this above, I'm a pretty huge fan of British humor and British comedy series and absurd humor, so that could be another answer for that :D

I enjoyed that thanks. :D It was funny and an interesting idea (very serious events happening but done in a comedic way) Also I had the volume turned right up to hear it better so the gunshot scared the hell outta me :lol:

Great stuff, I liked it. Well done.

Hahah good job. Like Erik said, really simple :)