Snuggie Promo

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

I had to make a 30 second promo for a product in Digital Film class. This is what I came up with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ViblIRhEM4

I shot it in 40 minutes and it has some mistakes, but honestly because I did not have complete creative freedom i don't care. Some constructive criticism would be nice. You may notice that it is grainy, that is because this is the first time I have ever used my new 35mm adapter, and I neglected to clean the lens. It turned out later that the lens had bad glass and it has since been replace by a larger lens. This lens was very small and i lost a lot of image, so almost every shot you see in the video I was shooting 20-20 feet away. My new wide lens will make this much easier. Another thing that made this video difficult was that the 35mm adapter flips the image upside down, so it's incredibly hard to use the first time around.

Well, since it's only a promo, there's not much I can really say. Except, what's a Snuggie?

I don't watch infomercials. And with that product, I'm glad I don't.

I think the pace at which he is walking in some of the shots don't match. You might want to try and fix that but slowing or speeding it up and a couple of places.

I would honestly like to see a narrative film from you dude sometime. That is kind of lame though that a class called "Digital Film Production" makes you do commercials instead of short movies. You're in high school though, right?

Brendan M. wrote:I think the pace at which he is walking in some of the shots don't match. You might want to try and fix that but slowing or speeding it up and a couple of places.

I would honestly like to see a narrative film from you dude sometime. That is kind of lame though that a class called "Digital Film Production" makes you do commercials instead of short movies. You're in high school though, right?
Yeah, high school. We have to do the assignment they give us, all of which have been boring and don't really let me think creativly much. But for my mid term video, I can do whatever I want, and I already have a script written up. My friends and I are pretty pumped up about the final, I've wantewd to do it for a awhile. I'll put that up probably mid january, as I am fast at making movie and I'm ahead of my class. Next up will be a chess promo which wouldn't be to bad, because I can make it into anything, then the final.

I had to change the speed at times because the video needed to be exactly 30 seconds long and was running to short, and some of the shots would have gone by extremly quickly with out the slow mo.

apw
Why the Snuggie over the slanket?