Feedback on script ideas

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Hey, I've always been interested in writing a script.
I have some ideas but I don't know if these ideas are good or not.
So I post two ideas here, if you could please tell me what you think of them, I would be very thankful.

Jimmy Ryan has a weird state. Everytime he hears music, he starts to lip sync and dance. His biggest dream is to become a musician, but because of his state, it seems impossible to achieve. Nontheless, he tries and never gives up.

In a prison there is a very strict prison guard. He's very proffessional, but his proffessionality doesn't make him a lot of friends in the prison. One day a prisoner which will leave the prison the next week hears the guard talk about his private life on the phone. He hears that his son is a DJ and where his next appereance is going to be. The prisoner wants revenge for all what the prison guard did to him the last five years. The prisoner gets out, finds the son of the guard and kills him. The guard swears at the grave of his son that he will find his murderer and kill him.

So, what do you think???
Sorry for my bad english, I'm from switzerland!

I love the first idea the most. Seems that emotion could be beautifully captured within that story. Great ideas! :twothumbsup:

Your idea's are original, but I don't really like them. The first one sounds like a bad Rob Schneider movie and the second one like a Steven Seagal action movie. You need to have something better then revenge in the second one. You start with an original story, but it ends in the same old story...
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

I don't want to be rude but I didn't like either of them fella.

I think I would have to read some of the script for the first one though as it sounds like a quirky idea. For something like that it depends on the execution of the script but the second one was terrible tbh.

I hope I don't come accross as too harsh :)

rbevanx wrote:I don't want to be rude but I didn't like either of them fella.

I think I would have to read some of the script for the first one though as it sounds like a quirky idea. For something like that it depends on the execution of the script but the second one was terrible tbh.

I hope I don't come accross as too harsh :)
No problem man, I appreciate all feedback, good or bad.
I just don't want to waste time with trying to write a script, which is based on a bed idea.