My first animated movie thread (Timeline).

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

I've just gotten the book "Animating with Blender: How to Create Short Animations from Start to Finish". In the book it says it's designed for non-beginners and if you're a beginner you should start reading: The Essential Blender.

Has anyone created a short animated movie? I'll share mine in a few years or so ... when it's finished :lol:

At the moment I'm in the middle of pre-production, just thinking of what's going to happen in my script. Will anybody will be willing to read my script when I finished it? All things going to plan there should be at least a finished draft by the end of next week.

Thinking of a script is harder than I imagined.

Timeline:

(Mon 16 2010) Week one: Finish script

I have never done a short movie, but I have animated before.

I need to get back into it. Those animations are so old and ugly.

Oh! No wait, I have done a short movie before:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/481115

So bad. :lol:

Lol! What's in the basket? What's in the basket?

I'll read your script! Good luck with it!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

blender is very hard to animate with for a full length short
-good luck

Never thought my daily job would get this busy, mainly due to the Christmas period and useless clients. I started the script but never finished it.

Here's what I've done so far: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i0J ... y=CNn_i6UD

Might get some people to help me out soon :P. As I think I've said previously this is my first project which (hopefully) will help with gaining experience and skills.

#1fan, I now understand what you mean, it's taking well over an hour to create the resemblance of a balloon. Still haven't added colours, string, shading etc. Also thank you for bumping this thread, if it wasn't for the email notification I would of forgotten this project entirely.

Hopefully this works out and I save enough for a bachelors degree in film production.