Ludwig (comedy short, 2018)

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Hey guys! I'm working on the "final film" of my BA Film course here in Budapest, Hungary, and I thought I'd share a few images from the film titled Ludwig. Basically it's a comedy short about a botched film shoot, and I'm writing and directing it. I'm also playing the main character, the "Director". My whole life I've been an admirer of the early works of Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, mainly their TV shows The Office (UK) and Extras, and this comedy short is something that was very much inspired by this type of comedy. Last week we shot for 3 consecutive days and there's one more day of shooting left this Sunday, and after that I have around a week to edit it together. I really hope it will be funny :D But, also, the comedy in the film will be "glazed" in a taste of sadness, just as you would expect from a British sitcom. So, anyway, here are a few (raw) screenshots:

(P.S.: I'm the guy with the glasses :D)

I'm still not sure, how to post YouTube links properly, but HERE IT IS! Our comedy short is finally done, and you can watch it here if you'd like. English subtitles are available.

Ludwig:

30 minutes! shorts gotta be at most 15 if you want people to watch.

DHOPW42 wrote:
September 3rd, 2018, 3:38 am
I'm still not sure, how to post YouTube links properly, but HERE IT IS! Our comedy short is finally done, and you can watch it here if you'd like. English subtitles are available.

Ludwig:
30 minutes is long, but I watched it and enjoyed :)

Nailed the painfully awkward comedy timing :clap:

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
September 3rd, 2018, 11:38 am
30 minutes! shorts gotta be at most 15 if you want people to watch.
I would be really sad if people couldn't spend 32 minutes of their life on a film... if it FEELS too slow, that's a different question that I can take full responsibility for, but the mere length of it... maybe "short film" in this case is simply a way to distinguish it from a feature length, I guess.

TeddyBlass wrote:
September 3rd, 2018, 2:07 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
September 3rd, 2018, 3:38 am

Ludwig:
30 minutes is long, but I watched it and enjoyed :)

Nailed the painfully awkward comedy timing :clap:
Cheers Teddy! :)